Banky W net worth 2023: Banky Wellington is a successful Nigeria musician, actor and politician. His birth name is Olubankole Wellington. He is noted for nurturing talents of Wizkid, Skales and more. Banky W net worth is estimated at $9 million.
Banky W Net Worth
|Banky W Net Worth||$9 million|
|Date of birth||27 March 1981|
Banky W Profile
Banky was born on 27th March 1981 in the United States to Nigerian parents. At the age of five, his family moved back to Nigeria. Banky started his elementary school in Lagos where he completed his primary and secondary education.
After his secondary education, he got a scholarship to study at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, New York. Banky began his music career in the states whiles still in school. he got married in 2017.
Banky W Music career
He started his record label E.M.E in 2002 while studying. He also used to work at GlobalSpec. His breakthrough debut studio album, Back in the Building was released in 2005.
Banky left the US for Nigeria and established his record label in Lagos in 2009. Under his label, he signed artists like Niyola, Shaydee, Skales and Wizkid to the label at the time.
Banky released another successful album “R&BW” with lead singles “Lowkey” and “Yes/No” receiving massive attention locally and internationally. the album featured great acts such as; Iyanya and Waje.
Banky W announced in February 2018 that E.M.E was dissolved as a record label.
The label is now a talent management company focused on creative marketing, advertising, PR and brand events.
Banky W named DJ Xclusive, Ebuka Obi-Uchendu, Tolu ‘Toolz’ Oniru, and his wife Adesua Etomi as the first set of clients of the rebranded company
Banky made his political intentions known in late 2018. He contested the 2019 Eti-Osa Federal Constituency Elections but lost to Babajide Obanikoro of the All Progressive Congress. he contested the ticket of Modern Democratic Party
Banky W Net Worth
As of 2023 , Banky net worth is valued at $9 million making him one of the richest musicians in Nigeria. He is also among the wealthiest artistes in Africa
- Back in the Building (2006)
- Mr. Capable (2008)
- The W Experience (2009)
- R&BW (2013)
Music sensation Mr. Wellington has received many accolades for his work including;
- John Lennon Song Writing Award 2006, R&B Category, for ‘My Regret’
- Best R&B Artiste, Nigerian Entertainment Awards 2006
- Best Male R&B Artiste, Urban Independent Music Awards, USA, 2006
- Best International Album, Nigerian Entertainment Awards 2007 for ‘Mr Capable’
- Best R&B Video, Nigerian Music Video Awards 2008 for ‘Don’t Break My Heart’
- Best Male Vocal Performance, Hip hop World Awards 2009 for ‘Don’t Break My Heart’
- R&B Single of the year, 2010 Hip Hop World Awards for ‘Strong Ting’
- Best R&B Singer (Male) and Best Music Video 2010 City People Entertainment Awards