Peter Obi Net Worth 2023: Peter Gregory Obi is a Nigerian politician and businessman who was the vice presidential candidate in the 2019 Nigerian general election under the Peoples Democratic Party. He had served as has governor of Anambra State. Keep reading to find more information about Peter Obi net worth.
Peter Obi Net Worth
|Peter Obi Net Worth||$10 million|
|Date of birth||19 July 1961|
Peter Obi Net Worth 2023 is valued at $10 million. Read Also Emeka Offor net Worth
Peter Obi Net Worth Profile
Peter Obi was born on 19 July 1961 at Onitsha. He attended Christ the King College, Onitsha, where he completed his secondary school education. He was admitted to the University of Nigeria, Nsukka, in 1980, graduating with a B.A (Hons) in philosophy in 1984.
Obi attended Lagos business school, Nigeria, where he did his Chief executive program, Harvard business school, Boston, USA, where he did two programs, London School of Economics, Columbia business school, New York, USA, Institute for management development, Switzerland where he also got two certificates in senior executive program and chief executive officers program.
Peter also attended Kellogg graduate school of Management, USA, Oxford University:Said business school and Cambridge University: George business school.
On career mission Obi was chairman of Next International Nigeria Ltd, then chairman and director of Guardian Express Mortgage Bank Ltd, Guardian Express Bank Plc, Future View Securities Ltd, Paymaster Nigeria Ltd, Chams Nigeria Ltd, Data Corp Ltd and Card Centre Ltd.
He was the youngest chairman of Fidelity Bank Plc. He was recently appointed the chairman of the Security and Exchange Commission (SEC) by former President Goodluck Jonathan after the 2015 general election.
On October 12, 2018, Peter Obi was named as the running mate to Atiku Abubakar, the Peoples Democratic Party’s Presidential Candidate in the Nigerian 2019 Presidential elections. His party came second.
Peter Obi Net Worth
Peter Obi net worth 2023 is estimated at $10 million. As a statesman, he has achieved a lot. Some of the honors Obi has received includes;
- Sun Newspaper’s Man of the Year (2007)
- Thisday Newspaper’s Most Prudent Governor in Nigeria (2009)
- Champion Newspaper’s Nigeria’s Most Trustworthy Governor (2009)
- West Africa ICT Development Award for Governor of the Year (2010)
- Zik Leadership Prize (2011)
- Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation’s Best Performing Governor on Immunization in South-East Nigeria (2012)
- Ezeife Leadership Foundation’s Leadership and Good Governance Award (2012)
- Methodist Church of Nigeria’s Golden Award on Prudence (2012); Business Hallmark Newspaper’s Man of the Year (2012)
- Silverbird’s Man of the Year (2013)
- The Voice Newspaper’s Award for Outstanding Example in Leadership and Governance (2014)
- Champion Newspaper’s Most Outstanding Igbo Man of the Decade (2014)
- Nigerian Library Association’s Golden Merit Award (2014)
- Catholic Diocese of Onitsha’s Golden Jubilee Award (2015)
Follow us on Twitter for more updates