we bring to you visa free countries for Ghanaians
Many people on daily basis dream of travelling outside of Ghana for various reasons including work, adventure, holiday, and so on. There is no doubt that the most difficult part of travelling across the borders is how to obtain a visa. If you have been wondering how to escape the frustration of acquiring a travelling visa to any of these countries, then worry no more because you can actually travel to these countries without a visa. Only a valid Ghanaian passport.
Which Countries Do Not Need a Visa in Africa? Many countries in Africa have a visa-free travel policy for Ghana, as the Ghanaian passport is among the most respected passports in Africa. In addition, Ghana is a member state of the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS), which grants any Ghanaian citizen a free stay in any other member state of the ECOWAS for 90 days. The list below has all the visa free countries for Ghanaians :
- Benin (Visa not required for 90 days)
- Burkina Faso (Visa not required)
- Cape Verde (Visa not required)
- Côte d’Ivoire (Visa not required)
- Djibouti (Visa on arrival)
- Gambia (Visa not required for 90 days)
- Guinea (Visa not required)
- Guinea-Bissau (Visa not required for 90 days)
- Kenya (Visa not required for 90 days)
- Liberia (Visa not required)
- Madagascar (Visa on arrival for 90 days)
- Mali (Visa not required)
- Mauritania (Visa on Arrival)
- Mauritius (Visa not Required for 90 days)
- Mozambique (Visa on arrival for 30 days)
- Niger (Visa not required)
- Nigeria (Visa not required)
- Rwanda (Visa not required for 90 days)
- Senegal (Visa not required for 3 months)
- Seychelles (Visitor’s permit on arrival for 3 months)
- Sierra Leone (Visa not required)
- Swaziland (Visa not Required for 30 days)
- Tanzania (Visa not required for 3 months)
- Togo (Visa not required)
- Uganda (Visa not required for 3 months)
- Zambia (Visa on arrival for 90 days)
- Zimbabwe (Visa not required for 3 months)
List of Countries You Can Visit in the Rest of the World If you have already traveled around Africa and still want to discover other places around the world in other continents, check the list below as it has all the visa-free countries to Ghana passport holders in the rest of the continents.
- Belize (Country in Central America)
- Bangladesh (Country in South Asia, Visa free for 3 months)
- Barbados (Country in the Caribbean, Visa free for 6 months)
- Bolivia (Country in South America, Visa on Arrival for 90 days)
- Cambodia (Country in Asia, Visa on Arrival for 30 days)
- Dominica (Country in the Caribbean, Visa free for 6 months)
- Ecuador (Country in South America, Visa free for 90 days)
- Fiji (Country in Oceania, visa free for 4 months)
- Grenada (Visa not required for 3 months)
- Haiti (Country in the Caribbean, Visa not required for 3 months)
- Indonesia (Visa not required for 30 days)
- Iran (Country in the Middle East, Visa on Arrival for 15 days)
- Jamaica (Country in the Caribbean, Visa not Required)
- Maldives (Country in South Asia, Visa on Arrival for 30 days)
- Micronesia(Country in Oceania, Visa not Required for 30 days)
- Nicaragua (Country in Central America, Visa on arrival for 90 days)
- Palau (country in Oceania, Visa on Arrival for 30 days)
- Philippines (Country in Asia, Visa not required for 30 days)
- Saint Kitts and Nevis (Country in the Caribbean, Visa not required for 3 months)
- Saint Lucia (Country in the Caribbean, Visa not required for 6 weeks)
- Saint Vincent and the Grenadines (Country in the Caribbean, Visa not required 30 days)
- Samoa (Country in Oceania, Entry permit on arrival for 60 days)
- Singapore (Country in Asia, visa not required for 30 days)
- Trinidad and Tobago (Country in the Caribbean, Visa not required)
- Tuvalu (Country in Oceania, Visa on arrival for 1 month)
- Vanuatu (Country in Oceania, Visa not required for 30 days)
List of Countries You Can Visit with an Electronic Entry Visa
It is really great that many countries have started to implement technology and the internet in their visa regulations. Now you do not have to travel all the way to the capital to visit the embassy in order to get your visa as you can just get it from the internet after registering on an online website. Here is a list of the countries that you can visit after having an electronic entry visa:
- Antigua and Barbuda (Country in the Caribbean)
- Bahrain (Country in the Middle East)
- Cambodia (Country in Asia, Electronic Visa for 30 days)
- Comoros (Country in East Africa)
- Gabon (Country in Central Africa)
- Georgia (Country at the intersection of Europe and Asia)
- India (Country in Asia, Electronic Visa for 60 days)
- Kyrgyzstan (Country in Central Asia)
- Lesotho (Country in Southern Africa)
- Myanmar(Country in Asia, Electronic visa for 28 days)
- Zambia (Country in Africa, electronic visa for 90 days)
This was the official list of all the visa-free countries for Ghana passport holders 2019. Check your country of destination and book your ticket online knowing that you most probably won’t be needing to apply for a visa.
Germany Visa application for Ghanaians
The German Embassy in Accra is responsible for processing visa applications of residents of
GHANA, LIBERIA and SIERRA LEONE.
The German Embassy in Accra processes Schengen visa applications on behalf of ESTONIA
for residents of GHANA.
Germany Visa application for Ghanaians
All applicants have to apply in person at the German Embassy in Ghana. Appointments can only be
booked through the Embassy’s Online Appointment System.
The processing of Schengen visa applications in general takes 7 days. Applicants are
encouraged to submit their applications well in advance of their intended travel date to allow
sufficient time for processing. Applications can be submitted up to 3 months before the
intended travel date.
The visa fee is 60.00Euro, only payable in cash in Ghana Cedi at the current exchange
rate of the Embassy. The processing fee is not refundable in case of denial of the visa.
Visa application forms are free of charge and are available on the website of the Embassy
Documents handed in prior to the appointment date cannot be accepted.
in addition to the standard requirements, additional supporting documents may be required,
depending on the specific nature of your application. The Embassy does not return forms,
photos or any documents in case of refusal or if the application is withdrawn. Fraudulent
documents may be sent to the relevant authorities.
In case of visa refusal, the applicant or an authorized third party may appeal in writing
against the refusal stating the file number and mailing address (P.O. Box) of the applicant.
Further supporting documents and background information should be provided with the
appeal letter. Please note that processing of appeals in general takes at least 4 weeks.
GENERAL REQUIREMENTS FOR Germany Visa application for Ghanaians
Every applicant is asked to provide the following mandatory documents ie original plus 1 legible
copy of each document, unless otherwise specified at the appointment day, after having
booked an appointment via the Embassy’s website: www.accra.diplo.de/appointment
completed and signed visa application form for Schengen visa
signed declaration according to Sec. 54 Par. 2 No. 8 of the German Residence Act
1 recent passport picture with white background (please do not attach to form!)
visa fee of 60.00 Euro, only payable in cash in Ghana Cedi
valid passport and 1 copy of the passport data page
Validity of passport must exceed the duration of intended stay in Germany by at least 3
months. Passport must contain at least 2 blank pages and must have been issued within
the past 10 years.
previous passports, if available
original birth certificate of the applicant, based on the first registration
if minors (below 18 years of age) are not accompanied by both parents: parental consent of
both parents and copies of their passport/photo ID. In case of sole parental custody,
adequate proof has to be provided (e.g. court order, death certificate of other parent).
flight reservation for round-trip (no ticket required)
travel health insurance, covering entire duration of stay and valid for all Schengen States
proof of accommodation / hotel reservation
proof of sufficient financial means for intended stay
Content on this website is protected by DMCA. Dont waste your time copying because you would eventually remove it.