Valentine Ozigbo net worth: Nigeria is a country filled with top successful business moguls, most of them are known through out Nigeria while some tend to keep a low profile. One Of such prominent people is Valentine Ezigbo.
Val Ozigbo a wealthy business mogul from the Igbo tribe, and also the central person in the success of Nigeria’S most successful and popular hospitality enterprise, Transcorp Hotels PLC. He is the former CEO of Transnational Corporation PLC (Transcorp), a conglomerate that has major investments in agribusiness, hospitality and energy sectors.
Keep reading as we bring to you Valentine Ozigbo net worth and biography in this article.
I am sure you are surprised to know THAT Valentine Ozigbo is one of the brains behind the success and establishment of Transcorp, that being said, we will intimate you on everything you need to know about the Net Worth and Biography of the wealthy business mogul.
Valentine Ozigbo net worth Profile
Table of Contents
- Net worth: $1.2 billion
- Full Name: Valentine Ozigbo
- Date of Birth: July 20,1970
- Nationality: Nigeria
- Occupation: Business mogul, politician
- Marital Status: Married
Valentine Ozigbo was born to Mr. Andrew and Christiana Ezigbo, on July 20,1970 in Anambra state. For the record, Anambra State is one of the states in Nigeria that is famous for producing top business tycoons who have businesses scattered all over Nigeria.
While growing up, Ezigbo was a smart and brilliant kid who was very outstanding among his peers and classmates. He attended Christ the Redeemer College in Anambra State. He later proceeded to study Accounting at the University of Nigeria, Nsukka, after completing his Secondary school set.
Being the best and the most brilliant student in his department, Valentine Ezigbo was honored with the Best Student Award in the department of Accounting and the faculty of business, as he graduated with a first class honors.
To further expand his expertise in his field, Valentine Ezigbo had to enroll for an MBA in Banking and Finance at the University of Nigeria, Nsukka in 2000. His outstanding performances academic wise, won him a Chevening scholarship to study abroad which he grabbed with both hands. He moved to Lancaster University in the UK to study finance which he graduated with distinction.
Valentine is a certified account by the Institute Of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria, Chartered Institute of Taxation and Institute of Credit Administration.
Prior to joining Transcorp PLC, Valentine Ezigbo had world with several financial institutions such as Bank PHB, NAL, Merchant Bank, Diamond Bank, Continental Trust Bank, FSB International Bank and United Bank for Africa.
Below is a quick run down of Valentine Ezigbo’s journey through the various banks he worked with, IN Nigeria.
- Valentine Ezigbo worked with Diamond Bank PLC where he progressed to the position of Head of Commercial Banking. He served in that capacity for five years between 1995 and 2000.
- He left Diamond Bank in 2000 to work as a Business Manager at United Bank for Africa for a year.
- From 2001- 2003, business tycoon Ezigbo served in the capacity of an Acting Regional Director of FSB International Bank.
- He later left his position at FSB International Bank and returned to United Bank for Africa in 2004, where he worked as Head of International Banking for four years .
- He left United Bank for Africa for Keystone Bank where he served as the General Manager of the bank’s Global Transaction operation In 2008.
After gaining a lot of experience from working in various financial institutions and in different capacities, Valentine Ezigbo was convinced that he was ready to take up more challenging roles and was made the Managing Director and later the CEO of Transcorp Hotels PLC. His Reign as the CEO of the hospitality enterprise experienced a lot of Reformation, taking the establishment to greater heights.
Singlehandedly, Mr Ezigbo oversaw the running of two thriving hotels in Lagos and Port Harcourt which are worth over $600 million with a capacity cutting across 5000 capacity.
Achievements and Awards
For someone who started bagging several awards and recognition right from when he was in primary school up University level and then as a professional in his field, you Expect Valentine Ezigbo to bagged many awards and honors for his contributions in in the various companies he worked with and also as the CEO of Transcorp Hotels PLC. Below is a list of some of the awards and honors received by Valentine Ezigbo.
- Departmental Prize for Best Final Year Student in the Department of Accountancy, University of Nigeria.
- In his final year at the University of Nigeria, Valentine Ezigbo was awarded the Faculty Prize for Best Final Year Student, Faculty of Business Administration.
- Seven Stars Personality of the year (Seven Stars Luxury Hospitality and Lifestyle Awards/2019).
- He was also honored with the Nigeria Deposit Insurance Corporation (NDIC) Prize for Best Graduating Student in Accountancy, University of Nigeria.
- Service Excellence (Hospitality and Tourism Sector Excellence) (Institute for Service Excellence and Good Governance -Confers/2016).
- Peter Ajose Alli-Idowu Prize to the Best All-Round Student in Accountancy, Alli-Idowu).
- State Patron-Ship (Hatman Hospitality and Tourism Management Association of Nigeria/2015).
- Outstanding Leadership in Hospitality Operations and Management Awards (National Tourism Transport Summit and Expo Awards/2018).
- Tourism Personality of the year 2018 (Miss Tourism Nigeria/2018).
- Seven Stars CEO of the Year (Seven Stars Luxury Hospitality and Lifestyle Awards/2016).
- Excellence in Hospitality Awards (Nigeria Bar Association/2018).
Valentine Ozigbo Net worth
There has been no official report of Valentine Ozigbo net worth, but going by his assets, it is estimated to be around $1.2 billion.
Is Valentine Ozigbo Married?
Valentine Ezigbo tied the knot with his lovely wife Mary-Calista Ojiugo Ozigbo. Their marriage has yielded three beautiful children whose names are Obioma Ugochukwu, Mario, Chimdi Angello, Mitchel Chima, and Valerie Chioma (three sons and a daughter).
Valentine Ozigbo Cars
The Nigerian business tycoon owns series of exotic cars, some of them are;
- Lexus LX 570
- Rolls-Royce Wraith Grand Tourer Coupe
- Toyota Land Cruiser
Is Valentine Ezigbo a Politician?
Valentine Ezigbo is know to have been involved in politics as he placed his allegiance to the People’s Democratic party (PDP).
Thanks for reading about Valentine Ozigbo net worth, leave your reply in the comments below.