The relevant UK authorities take a decision on your visa application, mainly based on the required documents for a UK visa.
For every UK visa, there are specific required documents. According to the visa type you are applying for, you need to collect all these documents. Then you need to submit them on the day of your interview.
Make sure the required documents for the UK visa you are applying for, comply with the criteria set by the UK Home Office.
Note that the required documents for a UK visa are grouped in two.
- The standard documents required for a UK visa. These documents are commonly required for every single visa type.
- The visa specific required documents. These documents are required specifically according to the purpose of traveling to the UK.
In this article, you can find a full list of the required documents for a UK visa. The criteria that each document shall meet are explained in a short and simple language.
Standard Documents Required for a UK Visa
The standard required documents for a UK visa are as follows:
- UK visa application form. According to the UK visa type you are applying for, you may have to complete the form online at the website of the Visa4UK website, or the manual application form.
- Two photographs. These photos should be taken within the past six months and in color.
- Your Valid Passport. It must be valid for three more months beyond the date you plan to leave the UK after your trip. It must also have at least one blank page for the visa.
- Proof you have the financial means to cover the living costs while in the UK. This may be your bank statements for the last six months, or pay slips for the same period.
- Proof of accommodation. You will need to present a document that shows where you will be accommodated while in the UK. Note that you do not have to fully pay a hotel/hostel in UK before getting the visa, just to get such a document.
- Detailed travel itinerary. Submit a travel plan that gives all the information regarding how and what you are planning to do in the UK. Include the travel dates, places you will visit, meeting agenda, booked tour, festival agenda, etc.
- Tuberculosis Test Results. Nationals of several world countries will need to submit the requests of a Tuberculosis Test in order to be eligible for a UK Visa.
- Biometric information. If you are applying for a visa that lets you stay in UK for more than 6 months, you will need to submit your biometric information. This includes giving your fingerprints and a digital photograph taken at the appropriate application center.
- UK visa invitation letter. (If applicable). If you will be staying over at a friend or a family member, then you should submit a letter of invitation. Your host must be a UK national or a legal resident.
- Paid UK visa fees. You should submit the receipt that confirms you have paid the visa fee as required.
- Certified translations of any document that is not in either English or Welsh.
Additional Requirements According to Your Employment Status
You will need to submit extra documents according to your working status, as follows:
- If you are employed:
- A letter from your employer. This letter should confirm your position at work, your salary and the length of employment.
- If you are self-employed:
- Business registration documents. They should confirm the business owner’s name and the date the business started trading.
- If you are a student:
- A letter from your education provider. The letter should be confirming your enrolment and leave of absence.
Additional Requirements for Applicants Under the age of 18
Applicants under the age of 18 shall submit some several additional documents. These documents are as following:
- Birth Certificate.
- Adoption papers (if applicable).
- If travelling unaccompanied or with someone other than a parent(s):
- A signed letter from the parent(s) confirming details of anyone accompanying the minor.
- A copy of the parent(s) or legal guardian’s biographical page of their passport.
Required Documents at the UK Port of Entry
At the UK port of entry, you will need to show some documents to the border control police.
If you are an EU/EEA national, you can use the EU/EEA channel to get your documents checked. You only need your ID or passport. Adults must accompany children from the age of 17 and under.
Non- EU/EEA nationals need the following documents when they show at the UK port of entry:
- Valid Passport.
- Landing Card. You will get this from your carrier. You need to fill it in before your reach the border control.
- Visa (if applicable).
Germany Visa application for Ghanaians
The German Embassy in Accra is responsible for processing visa applications of residents of
GHANA, LIBERIA and SIERRA LEONE.
The German Embassy in Accra processes Schengen visa applications on behalf of ESTONIA
for residents of GHANA.
Germany Visa application for Ghanaians
All applicants have to apply in person at the German Embassy in Ghana. Appointments can only be
booked through the Embassy’s Online Appointment System.
The processing of Schengen visa applications in general takes 7 days. Applicants are
encouraged to submit their applications well in advance of their intended travel date to allow
sufficient time for processing. Applications can be submitted up to 3 months before the
intended travel date.
The visa fee is 60.00Euro, only payable in cash in Ghana Cedi at the current exchange
rate of the Embassy. The processing fee is not refundable in case of denial of the visa.
Visa application forms are free of charge and are available on the website of the Embassy
Documents handed in prior to the appointment date cannot be accepted.
in addition to the standard requirements, additional supporting documents may be required,
depending on the specific nature of your application. The Embassy does not return forms,
photos or any documents in case of refusal or if the application is withdrawn. Fraudulent
documents may be sent to the relevant authorities.
In case of visa refusal, the applicant or an authorized third party may appeal in writing
against the refusal stating the file number and mailing address (P.O. Box) of the applicant.
Further supporting documents and background information should be provided with the
appeal letter. Please note that processing of appeals in general takes at least 4 weeks.
GENERAL REQUIREMENTS FOR Germany Visa application for Ghanaians
Every applicant is asked to provide the following mandatory documents ie original plus 1 legible
copy of each document, unless otherwise specified at the appointment day, after having
booked an appointment via the Embassy’s website: www.accra.diplo.de/appointment
completed and signed visa application form for Schengen visa
signed declaration according to Sec. 54 Par. 2 No. 8 of the German Residence Act
1 recent passport picture with white background (please do not attach to form!)
visa fee of 60.00 Euro, only payable in cash in Ghana Cedi
valid passport and 1 copy of the passport data page
Validity of passport must exceed the duration of intended stay in Germany by at least 3
months. Passport must contain at least 2 blank pages and must have been issued within
the past 10 years.
previous passports, if available
original birth certificate of the applicant, based on the first registration
if minors (below 18 years of age) are not accompanied by both parents: parental consent of
both parents and copies of their passport/photo ID. In case of sole parental custody,
adequate proof has to be provided (e.g. court order, death certificate of other parent).
flight reservation for round-trip (no ticket required)
travel health insurance, covering entire duration of stay and valid for all Schengen States
proof of accommodation / hotel reservation
proof of sufficient financial means for intended stay
Qatar visa for Ghanaian citizens
Ghanaian citizens can apply for visa through Qatar online visa portal. this post will guide you to apply for Qatar visa online.
How to Apply and pay
Applications can be made a maximum of 90 days or minimum of 4 working days prior to travel. It is recommended that you apply as early in advance as possible.Payment can be made with Visa /MasterCard debit or credit card only.
All applicants must have a machine readable individual passport that is valid for at least 6 months from the date of entry into Qatar. Please note that you will not be able to apply for children who are endorsed on parent’s passport using this service. To complete the application, all applicants require clear, colored electronic scans of the following:
- Passport information (bio page) /picture page(s)
- A passport-size photo
- Airline reservation (Qatar Airways passengers are not required to submit their reservation information)
- Hotel reservation/confirmation or relevant documents for other place of stay in qatar
If you qualify for an Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA), you will also need to provide one or more of the following:
- Proof of residence
- Proof of valid visa held for your residential status
In order to strengthen your application, you may upload additional documents, such as those listed below. Applications from some countries of residence are required to provide additional documents during the online application process.
- Documents which show investments of USD $8,000 or more.
- Income tax papers which show an annual gross income of USD $8,000 or more.
- Evidence of travel in the last five years to any of the following countries: Qatar, Australia, Canada, New Zealand, Schengen countries, USA or UK.
if you have all the requirements above begin you application here
Visa Requirements at the American Embassy in Ghana
If you need to obtain an American visa from the U.S. Embassy in Ghana, you’ll first have to figure out which type of visa you need: an immigrant visa or a nonimmigrant visa. Nonimmigrant visas are for visitors who want to enter the United States for a temporary period, while immigrant visas cover those seeking indefinite or permanent residence in the U.S. The U.S. Embassy in Accra is responsible for processing both types.
Applying for a Nonimmigrant Visa
All nonimmigrant visas require applicants to fill out the DS-160 form, or the nonimmigrant visa electronic application. You can find this application online at the U.S. Travel Docs website, where you will also complete and submit the application. Make sure to answer all the questions in English, using English-language characters.
After submitting the DS-160, make an appointment for an interview at the embassy. Bring a passport valid for at least six months beyond your intended stay in the United States, a 2 by 2-inch photograph of yourself, and a receipt showing that you’ve paid the nonrefundable nonimmigrant visa application fee of $160.
Types of Nonimmigrant Visas
There are five major types of nonimmigrant visas, each of which has its own requirements:
- Business/tourist visa: This one’s known as a B-1/B-2 visitor visa, and is for people traveling to the United States temporarily for business, pleasure or medical treatment. To qualify for this visa, you must prove that: your visit is temporary; you plan to remain in the United States for a specific, limited time period; you have the funds to support your trip; and you have a permanent residence in Ghana, as well as social and economic ties.
- Exchange visitor visa: If you’re traveling to the United States as part of an exchange program, this visa is for you. To apply for this type of visa, you must first be accepted an approved by an authorized program sponsor, at which point you’ll receive the necessary application documentation.
- Transit/ship crew visa: This visa is for people who regularly travel in transit through the United States while on their way to a foreign destination. The transit visa is for those seeking layover privileges, and requires that you provide evidence of transportation arrangements, sufficient funds for your transit journey and permission to enter your next destination country. The crew visa is for crew members of sea vessels or aircrafts that transit through the United States, and requires you to prove that: you don’t intend to be paid by a U.S. source; you plan to stay for only a specific, limited time period; and you have the funds to cover your trip expenses.
- Student visa: If you’re a student in Ghana and plan on studying in the United States, you’ll apply for a U.S. student visa through your Ghana-based school or educational program. There are a few types of student visas, but the most common is the F-1 visa, required for those studying more than 18 hours per week.
- Work visa: Work visas are reserved for those who want to work in the United States temporarily as nonimmigrants. The specific visas vary depending on the type of work you’re doing; you’ll usually have to ask your prospective U.S. employer to file a petition for you to apply for a work visa. U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services has to approve the petition before you can start the application process.
Applying for an Immigrant Visa
Most people looking to apply for an immigrant visa in the United States must fist seek sponsorship from a current U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident. Your sponsor can be an immediate relative or a prospective employer, and she must file a petition for you to apply for immigrant status. U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services will have to approve the petition before you can get started on the official visa application process.
After your petition is approved, your game plan going forward will depend on the type of immigrant visa you’re hoping to obtain.
Types of Immigrant Visas
There are five main categories of U.S. immigrant visas, each of which requires its applicants to meet a unique set of qualifications:
- Family-based immigration: You’ll first have to determine whether you’re applying for a family-based visa under immediate relatives or family preference. The federal U.S. Visas website can help you determine which is right for you, and provide you with the relevant steps for application.
- Fiance visa: It’s exactly what it sounds like
– a visa for the non-U.S. citizen fiance of a U.S. citizen. This allows you to travel to the United States and marry your fiance within 90 days of your arrival.
3. Employment-based immigration: The United States makes approximately 140,000 employment-based immigration visas available each fiscal year, divided into five preference categories. Check out the U.S. Visas website to learn more about which category best suits you and whether it might include your immediate family members, as well.
4. Diversity visa: Each year, the United States makes 55,000 immigrant visas available in a lottery, aiming to diversify the U.S. immigrant population. Head to the U.S. Visas website to follow instructions for entering the lottery.
5. Returning resident visa: If you were at one point a lawful permanent resident of the United States but have returned to Ghana (or any non-U.S. country) for at least a year, you’ll need a new immigrant visa, called the returning resident visa, in order to move back to the United States.
Khabonina Qubeka Net Worth
Frank Opperman Net Worth
Digital technology is having an impact on the exponential growth of gambling and games of chance
10 Wonderful Tips for Peace of Mind
Sandra Prinsloo Net Worth
NET WORTH11 months ago
Richest Man in Ghana 2021 Forbes
From the web7 months ago
Richest Man in Zambia
From the web11 months ago
Richest Actors in the World 2021
ENTREPRENEURSHIP1 year ago
companies of Dr papa Kwesi Nduom
ENTREPRENEURSHIP7 months ago
Top 50 Richest People in Zimbabwe
NET WORTH7 months ago
Best Rappers in the World
From the web7 months ago
Ginimbi Net Worth
ENTREPRENEURSHIP1 year ago
Top 10 Richest Men in Africa 2021 Forbes