There are so many types of visas offered to people who travel from one country to another. There has been recent amendment in the uk visa application process. Individuals living in Ghana with the aim of visiting UK will find this article helpful.
REASON FOR TRAVELLING TO UK
First of all, before we go into the application process, you need to define the reason why you need the visa. There are different reasons why people want to apply for a UK visa, such as:
- To work and to do business
- To study
- For short stays and tourism
- To join family members who are already in the UK
- To transit through the UK to another country
- To live permanently
- As a refugee or as someone who needs humanitarian protection
- As a stateless person
- As someone who needs permission to stay
UK Visa Types
There are different reasons why people want to apply for a UK visa. That is why the United Kingdom has an organized visa system based on the purpose of visitor under multiple visa types.
Here are the UK visa types:
- Work Visas.
- Business Visas.
- Study Visas.
- Visitor Visas.
- Family Visas.
- Settlement Visas.
- Transit Visas.
UK Visa Application
The application procedures for a UK visa depend mostly on the visa type you need to apply for.
The service you need to use in order to apply for UK visa depends on the visa you’re applying for. If you are applying for a tourist or short stay visa you can apply using the Access UK service. This service is for quicker visa application process and is available in any country. Types of visas under this service include;
- Standard Visitor visa
- Marriage Visitor visa
- Permitted Paid Engagement visa
If you do not already have an account, you will have to sign up and give the required information. If you don’t, then you will have to create an account.
For every other type of visa you will have to use the online Visa4UK service, including study and work visas. If you are applying for the first time you will have to create an account. If you already have an account, just sign in and fill the areas with the required information.
To apply for UK visa you must go through these simple steps:
- Find out if you need a UK visa.
- Choose the right UK visa type.
- Complete the online application form.
- Collect the required documents for a UK visa application.
- Schedule a UK visa appointment.
- Attend the UK visa interview.
Find out if you need a UK visa
You may be exempt from the UK visa requirement, depending on your nationality. You will not have to apply for a UK visa prior to your trip to England, Scotland, Wales or the Northern Ireland, if you are:
- An EEA citizen.
- A Swiss citizen.
- A Commonwealth citizen..
If you realize that you need a visa, then you can proceed with the other steps!
Choose the right UK visa type
Most of the application process for a British visa, including the visa requirements, depends on your purpose of visiting the UK. Your purpose of travel to the UK determines what type of visa you need, which can be one of the following:
- UK Visit Visa – for all those who wish to enter UK to visit friends or family members, for holidays, business, private medical treatment, to get married, etc.
- UK Transit Visa – for those who need to pass through UK in transit to another country.
- UK Work Visa – for all those who wish to engage in paid activity in the UK.
- UK Study Visa – for all those who wish to travel to the UK to enroll at a study course/university. If your study is short-term you ought to apply for a UK short-term study visa. Whereas, if you need a long-term permission to stay in the UK, you have to apply for a Tier 4 Visa.
- Other visas – which include visas to set a business in UK, visas to join a family member living in the UK
Complete the online application form
Usually the application form contains questions on personal information as:
- your name & surname
- country of residence
- marital status
- personal number
- passport number
- reason for wishing to enter the UK
- other information about your application
If the information in the application form doesn’t comply with the information in the other required documents, your application will be rejected!
Collect the required documents for a UK visa application
You are required to submit some mandatory required documents for UK visa application. READ REQUIRED DOCUMENTS FOR UK VISA APPLICATION
Schedule a UK visa appointment
After making the appointment online, print the email confirming the details of your appointment, and take it with you to the UK visa application center you have chosen to attend, together with the required documents.
The documents required in original must be submitted in original. Make sure that the documents are as required, because sometimes even a little mistake can cause a lot of trouble. Please note that the appointment must be made in your name not in someone else’s.
Attend the UK visa interview
When you attend the UK visa application center, you will need to provide your biometric information, which includes a photograph and a digital scan of your fingerprints.
Every applicant who is submitting a visa application must attend the visa application center in person, including children. Applicants under 18 years old must be accompanied by an adult
UK Visa Application Denial
Pay attention to the whole application process, since even small mistakes can lead to the rejection of your application by the UK Home Office. Some of the main reasons for visa rejection are:
- Missing Documents.
- Applying for the wrong type of visa.
- Failure to prove you have the financial means to support your stay in UK.
- Fraudulent documents.
- You have overstayed in a previous trip.
- Criminal history.
How to Appeal Against the UK Visa Denial.
If your UK visa application is rejected, when you receive the answer on your application you will also be notified on the reasons behind it. If you think that this decision has not been taken justly, then you can appeal it.
- Fill in Form IAFT-2, which is an appeal form
- Submit it to the UK Immigration and Asylum Chamber
- This body will send the documents will be forwarded to the relevant authorities
- A new decision will be taken and communicated to the applicant in writing
If the decision is not changes, you can file a new application by correcting the previous mistakes.
Extending UK Visa
Extending your UK visa while in the UK is possible. However, the process differs depending on the visa
type you hold. If you are in the UK on a standard visitor visa, you will be eligible to apply for a visa
extension as long as the total time you spend in the UK is less than 6 months.
Germany Visa application for Ghanaians
The German Embassy in Accra is responsible for processing visa applications of residents of
GHANA, LIBERIA and SIERRA LEONE.
The German Embassy in Accra processes Schengen visa applications on behalf of ESTONIA
for residents of GHANA.
Germany Visa application for Ghanaians
All applicants have to apply in person at the German Embassy in Ghana. Appointments can only be
booked through the Embassy’s Online Appointment System.
The processing of Schengen visa applications in general takes 7 days. Applicants are
encouraged to submit their applications well in advance of their intended travel date to allow
sufficient time for processing. Applications can be submitted up to 3 months before the
intended travel date.
The visa fee is 60.00Euro, only payable in cash in Ghana Cedi at the current exchange
rate of the Embassy. The processing fee is not refundable in case of denial of the visa.
Visa application forms are free of charge and are available on the website of the Embassy
Documents handed in prior to the appointment date cannot be accepted.
in addition to the standard requirements, additional supporting documents may be required,
depending on the specific nature of your application. The Embassy does not return forms,
photos or any documents in case of refusal or if the application is withdrawn. Fraudulent
documents may be sent to the relevant authorities.
In case of visa refusal, the applicant or an authorized third party may appeal in writing
against the refusal stating the file number and mailing address (P.O. Box) of the applicant.
Further supporting documents and background information should be provided with the
appeal letter. Please note that processing of appeals in general takes at least 4 weeks.
GENERAL REQUIREMENTS FOR Germany Visa application for Ghanaians
Every applicant is asked to provide the following mandatory documents ie original plus 1 legible
copy of each document, unless otherwise specified at the appointment day, after having
booked an appointment via the Embassy’s website: www.accra.diplo.de/appointment
completed and signed visa application form for Schengen visa
signed declaration according to Sec. 54 Par. 2 No. 8 of the German Residence Act
1 recent passport picture with white background (please do not attach to form!)
visa fee of 60.00 Euro, only payable in cash in Ghana Cedi
valid passport and 1 copy of the passport data page
Validity of passport must exceed the duration of intended stay in Germany by at least 3
months. Passport must contain at least 2 blank pages and must have been issued within
the past 10 years.
previous passports, if available
original birth certificate of the applicant, based on the first registration
if minors (below 18 years of age) are not accompanied by both parents: parental consent of
both parents and copies of their passport/photo ID. In case of sole parental custody,
adequate proof has to be provided (e.g. court order, death certificate of other parent).
flight reservation for round-trip (no ticket required)
travel health insurance, covering entire duration of stay and valid for all Schengen States
proof of accommodation / hotel reservation
proof of sufficient financial means for intended stay
Qatar visa for Ghanaian citizens
Ghanaian citizens can apply for visa through Qatar online visa portal. this post will guide you to apply for Qatar visa online.
How to Apply and pay
Applications can be made a maximum of 90 days or minimum of 4 working days prior to travel. It is recommended that you apply as early in advance as possible.Payment can be made with Visa /MasterCard debit or credit card only.
All applicants must have a machine readable individual passport that is valid for at least 6 months from the date of entry into Qatar. Please note that you will not be able to apply for children who are endorsed on parent’s passport using this service. To complete the application, all applicants require clear, colored electronic scans of the following:
- Passport information (bio page) /picture page(s)
- A passport-size photo
- Airline reservation (Qatar Airways passengers are not required to submit their reservation information)
- Hotel reservation/confirmation or relevant documents for other place of stay in qatar
If you qualify for an Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA), you will also need to provide one or more of the following:
- Proof of residence
- Proof of valid visa held for your residential status
In order to strengthen your application, you may upload additional documents, such as those listed below. Applications from some countries of residence are required to provide additional documents during the online application process.
- Documents which show investments of USD $8,000 or more.
- Income tax papers which show an annual gross income of USD $8,000 or more.
- Evidence of travel in the last five years to any of the following countries: Qatar, Australia, Canada, New Zealand, Schengen countries, USA or UK.
if you have all the requirements above begin you application here
American visa Requirements at the American Embassy in Ghana
If you need to obtain an American visa from the U.S. Embassy in Ghana, you’ll first have to figure out which type of visa you need: an immigrant visa or a nonimmigrant visa. Nonimmigrant visas are for visitors who want to enter the United States for a temporary period, while immigrant visas cover those seeking indefinite or permanent residence in the U.S. The U.S. Embassy in Accra is responsible for processing both types.
Applying for a Nonimmigrant American visa
All nonimmigrant American visa require applicants to fill out the DS-160 form, or the nonimmigrant visa electronic application. You can find this application online at the U.S. Travel Docs website, where you will also complete and submit the application. Make sure to answer all the questions in English, using English-language characters.
After submitting the DS-160, make an appointment for an interview at the embassy. Bring a passport valid for at least six months beyond your intended stay in the United States, a 2 by 2-inch photograph of yourself, and a receipt showing that you’ve paid the nonrefundable nonimmigrant visa application fee of $160.
Types of Nonimmigrant American visa
There are five major types of nonimmigrant American visa, each of which has its own requirements:
- Business/tourist visa: This one’s known as a B-1/B-2 visitor visa, and is for people traveling to the United States temporarily for business, pleasure or medical treatment. To qualify for this visa, you must prove that: your visit is temporary; you plan to remain in the United States for a specific, limited time period; you have the funds to support your trip; and you have a permanent residence in Ghana, as well as social and economic ties.
- Exchange visitor visa: If you’re traveling to the United States as part of an exchange program, this visa is for you. To apply for this type of visa, you must first be accepted an approved by an authorized program sponsor, at which point you’ll receive the necessary application documentation.
- Transit/ship crew visa: This visa is for people who regularly travel in transit through the United States while on their way to a foreign destination. The transit visa is for those seeking layover privileges, and requires that you provide evidence of transportation arrangements, sufficient funds for your transit journey and permission to enter your next destination country. The crew visa is for crew members of sea vessels or aircrafts that transit through the United States, and requires you to prove that: you don’t intend to be paid by a U.S. source; you plan to stay for only a specific, limited time period; and you have the funds to cover your trip expenses.
- Student visa: If you’re a student in Ghana and plan on studying in the United States, you’ll apply for a U.S. student visa through your Ghana-based school or educational program. There are a few types of student visas, but the most common is the F-1 visa, required for those studying more than 18 hours per week.
- Work visa: Work visas are reserved for those who want to work in the United States temporarily as nonimmigrants. The specific visas vary depending on the type of work you’re doing; you’ll usually have to ask your prospective U.S. employer to file a petition for you to apply for a work visa. U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services has to approve the petition before you can start the application process.
Applying for an Immigrant American visa
Most people looking to apply for an immigrant visa in the United States must fist seek sponsorship from a current U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident. Your sponsor can be an immediate relative or a prospective employer, and she must file a petition for you to apply for immigrant status. U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services will have to approve the petition before you can get started on the official visa application process.
After your petition is approved, your game plan going forward will depend on the type of immigrant visa you’re hoping to obtain.
Types of Immigrant American visa
There are five main categories of U.S. immigrant visas, each of which requires its applicants to meet a unique set of qualifications:
- Family-based immigration: You’ll first have to determine whether you’re applying for a family-based visa under immediate relatives or family preference. The federal U.S. Visas website can help you determine which is right for you, and provide you with the relevant steps for application.
- Fiance visa: It’s exactly what it sounds like
– a visa for the non-U.S. citizen fiance of a U.S. citizen. This allows you to travel to the United States and marry your fiance within 90 days of your arrival.
3. Employment-based immigration: The United States makes approximately 140,000 employment-based immigration visas available each fiscal year, divided into five preference categories. Check out the U.S. Visas website to learn more about which category best suits you and whether it might include your immediate family members, as well.
4. Diversity visa: Each year, the United States makes 55,000 immigrant visas available in a lottery, aiming to diversify the U.S. immigrant population. Head to the U.S. Visas website to follow instructions for entering the lottery.
5. Returning resident visa: If you were at one point a lawful permanent resident of the United States but have returned to Ghana (or any non-U.S. country) for at least a year, you’ll need a new immigrant visa, called the returning resident visa, in order to move back to the United States.
Content on this website is protected by DMCA. reproducing any content on this site without explicit permission is strictly prohibited.