Thomas Edison quotes: Thomas Edison is one of the greatest inventors the world has ever seen. Not only is he a great inventor but a true definition of success and inspiration to everyone who know him.
Thomas Edison is famous for his invention of the light bulb, phonograph, motion picture and other inventions of the 1090s. One outstanding thing about Thomas Edison is that he faced a lot of disappointment and discouragement while growing up.
Before we go into the various Motivational and inspirational Thomas Edison quotes, let us brief you of the various discouragements and disappointments the world inventor experienced.
Thomas Edison did not speak until he turned 4 years old. When Thomas Edison was just a child, his peers labelled him a retarded child. When he had come of age, he applied for jobs in different companies but without success and so he decided to focus on inventing various things.
Thomas Edison failed many times while trying to succeed in inventing something but he never allowed that to deter and kept pressing on until after thousand attempts he finally hit the nail on the head and succeeded in inventing the light bulb and today he is regarded as the father of the Light Bulb.
Have you ever tried something and failed many times? The following Thomas quotes will inspire you to continue pressing on despite meeting failures.
Thomas Edison Quotes
- “The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work.” – Thomas Edison quotes
- “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” – Thomas Edison
- “Your worth consists in what you are and not in what you have.” – Thomas Edison
- “Hell, there are no rules here – we’re trying to accomplish something.” – Thomas Edison
- “What you are will show in what you do.” – Thomas Edison
- “I never did a day’s work in my life. It was all fun.” – Thomas Edison
- “Many of life’s failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.” – Thomas Edison
- “I never did anything by accident, nor did any of my inventions come by accident; they came by work.” – Thomas Edison
- “Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” – Thomas Edison quotes
- “If we did all the things we are capable of, we would literally astound ourselves.” – Thomas Edison
- “There’s a way to do it better – find it.” – Thomas Edison
- “Genius is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent perspiration.” – Thomas Edison
- “Being busy does not always mean real work. The object of all work is production or accomplishment and to either of these ends there must be forethought, system, planning, intelligence, and honest purpose, as well as perspiration. Seeming to do is not doing.” – Thomas Edison quotes
- “The three great essentials to achieve anything worth while are: Hard work, Stick-to-itiveness, and Common sense.” – Thomas Edison
- “Just because something doesn’t do what you planned it to do doesn’t mean it’s useless.” – Thomas Edison
- “Nearly every man who develops an idea works it up to the point where it looks impossible, and then he gets discouraged. That’s not the place to become discouraged.” – Thomas Edison quotes
- “To invent, you need a good imagination and a pile of junk.” – Thomas Edison
- “Waste is worse than loss. The time is coming when every person who lays claim to ability will keep the question of waste before him constantly. The scope of thrift is limitless.” – Thomas Edison
- “I have far more respect for the person with a single idea who gets there than for the person with a thousand ideas who does nothing.” – Thomas Edison
- “When I have fully decided that a result is worth getting I go ahead of it and make trial after trial until it comes.” – Thomas Edison
- “Our schools are not teaching students to think. It is astonishing how many young people have difficulty in putting their brains definitely and systematically to work.” – Thomas Edison quotes
- “Anything that won’t sell, I don’t want to invent. Its sale is proof of utility, and utility is success.” – Thomas Edison
- “Be courageous. I have seen many depressions in business. Always America has emerged from these stronger and more prosperous. Be brave as your fathers before you. Have faith! Go forward!” – Thomas Edison
- “Results! Why, man, I have gotten a lot of results. I know several thousand things that won’t work.” – Thomas Edison
- “The thing I lose patience with the most is the clock. Its hands move too fast…” – Thomas Edison quotes
- “One might think that the money value of an invention constitutes its reward to the man who loves his work. But… I continue to find my greatest pleasure, and so my reward, in the work that precedes what the world calls success.” – Thomas Edison
- “I start where the last man left off.” – Thomas Edison
Thanks for reading about famous Thomas Edison quotes. Leave your favorite one in the comments below