what are the most popular sports in the world?
It is estimated that more than half of the global population consider themselves association football (soccer) followers.
A shared love for association football (soccer) is a common bond between more than half of the earth’s population.
Sports are played all over the world, whether as hobbies, careers, or as a part of fitness regimens. Various games have grown in popularity to amass a huge following across the world. The rules and characteristics of these games are dynamic and are governed by international bodies.
Most of these sports are included in the Olympic Games, where different countries from all around the world compete against each other. The sports are also lucrative industries, generating billions of dollars in revenues, especially in developed countries.
10. Golf – 450 Million Fans
Golf has an estimated global following of 450 Million people, and its primary influence is in Western Europe, East Asia, and North America. Golf is played by use of different clubs to hit a ball, over a determined course, using the fewest possible amount of strokes. The modern sport was first played in Scotland from where it spread to the UK and to the rest of the world.
9. Rugby – 475 Million Fans
Rugby has its primary sphere of influence in the United Kingdom and Commonwealth, and an estimated global following of 475 Million people. The foundation of the modern day sport was laid out in medieval England. From the UK, it spread to British colonies such as Australia and New Zealand. The sport is played by two teams of 15 players each, who carry, kick or pass a ball across the end line to score points.
8. Baseball – 500 Million Fans
Baseball has an estimated 500 million global followers and enjoys its highest levels of popularity in the United States, the Caribbean, and Japan. The sport is a bat and ball sport involving two teams of nine players each, who participate in batting and fielding to earn points. Different versions of the sport were played in the US before it gained nationwide popularity in the 19th Century. From the US, the sport spread to other parts of the world and evolved to the modern game as played today.
7. Basketball – 825 Million Fans
Basketball boasts of having an estimated 825 million followers worldwide, and a global sphere of influence. The sport was invented by Dr. James Naismith in 1891 in Massachusetts, United States. He created it as an alternative to football since the sport could be played indoors and had less potential to cause accidents. The sport is played by two teams of five players each, where the goal is to successfully shoot the ball through a hoop elevated 10 feet from the ground.
6. Table Tennis – 875 Million Fans
Table Tennis enjoys a global sphere of influence and has an estimated 875 million followers worldwide. The sport began in the 19th Century in England as a miniature version of the sports lawn tennis. The sport became widely referred to as “Ping Pong”. The modern sport involves two teams of between two to four players, hitting a lightweight ball over a net on a hard table, by use of rackets. Formidable global countries in the sport include South Korea, Sweden, and China.
5. Volleyball – 900 Million Fans
The primary influence of volleyball is seen in Western Europe and North America, and the sport has an estimated global following of 900 million fans. The sport was invented in the US by William G. Morgan in 1895. He was part of the Young Men’s Christian Association as an instructor, and he borrowed from basketball, tennis, handball and baseball’s elements. The sport has evolved over the years to the modern day sport, characterized by two teams of 6 players each who throw a ball over a net.
4. Tennis – 1 Billion Fans
Tennis has an estimated global following of 1 billion fans and a global sphere of influence. Different versions of the sport are believed to have been played by the Egyptians, Romans and the Greeks, although the modern sport was first popularized in France. From France, it spread to other parts of Europe and eventually to the whole world. The sport is played by two teams of either one or two players each and involves bouncing a ball over a net by use of tennis rackets. Points are earned when the opponent does not throw back the ball in the predetermined dimensions of the rectangular court.
3. Field Hockey – 2 Billion Fans
Field hockey has an estimated global following of 2 billion fans and sees its primary sphere of influence in Europe, Africa, Asia, and Australia. The contemporary field hockey sport was first played in England in the 1800s. The game is mostly similar to soccer except that the players use sticks to drive the ball instead of feet. The sport is widely played in India, Australia, and Pakistan, whose teams are formidable on the in the sport.
2. Cricket – 2.5 Billion Fans
Cricket has a 2.5 billion person estimated global following, and its primary sphere of influence is in the United Kingdom and Commonwealth countries. The cradle of the sport was the 16th Century England and it was made a national sport in the 18th Century in the country. The sport is characterized by two teams of eleven players each, where each team attempts to score the most runs. The sport is overwhelmingly popular in former British colonies such as India, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Pakistan, and Australia.
1. Association Football (Soccer) – 4 Billion Fans
Association football, or soccer, is the most popular sport in the world. It is estimated that more than half of the world’s population consider themselves to be association football (soccer) fans. The sport enjoys an estimated 4.0 billion person following, and a global sphere of influence. Ancient soccer has been traced to China, as early as the 2nd Century. The Romans, Greeks, and Japanese have also been thought as possible first players of the sport. Contemporary soccer began in England, where it amassed considerable interest and spread to other parts of the world. The sport is more popular in Europe and Americas than in any other continent. The sport is characterized by two teams of eleven player and two goals. The objective of the sport is to drive a ball into the goal defended by the opponent team.
Who is Tesla Owner ?
Tesla’s mission is to accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable energy.
Tesla was founded in 2003 by a group of engineers who wanted to prove that people didn’t need to compromise to drive electric – that electric vehicles can be better, quicker and more fun to drive than gasoline cars. Today, Tesla builds not only all-electric vehicles but also infinitely scalable clean energy generation and storage products. Tesla believes the faster the world stops relying on fossil fuels and moves towards a zero-emission future, the better.
Launched in 2008, the Roadster unveiled Tesla’s cutting-edge battery technology and electric powertrain. From there, Tesla designed the world’s first ever premium all-electric sedan from the ground up – Model S – which has become the best car in its class in every category.
Check out How to Buy Stocks
Combining safety, performance, and efficiency, Model S has reset the world’s expectations for the car of the 21st century with the longest range of any electric vehicle, over-the-air software updates that make it better over time, and a record 0-60 mph acceleration time of 2.28 seconds as measured by Motor Trend. In 2015, Tesla expanded its product line with Model X, the safest, quickest and most capable sport utility vehicle in history that holds 5-star safety ratings across every category from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
Completing CEO Elon Musk’s “Secret Master Plan,” in 2016, Tesla introduced Model 3, a low-priced, high-volume electric vehicle that began production in 2017. Soon after, Tesla unveiled the safest, most comfortable truck ever – Tesla Semi – which is designed to save owners at least $200,000 over a million miles based on fuel costs alone. In 2019, Tesla unveiled Model Y, a mid-size SUV, with seating for up to seven, and Cybertruck, which will have better utility than a traditional truck and more performance than a sports car.
Tesla vehicles are produced at its factory in Fremont, California, and Gigafactory Shanghai. To achieve our goal of having the safest factories in the world, Tesla is taking a proactive approach to safety, requiring production employees to participate in a multi-day training program before ever setting foot on the factory floor. From there, Tesla continues to provide on-the-job training and track performance daily so that improvements can be made quickly. The result is that Tesla’s safety rate continues to improve while production ramps.
To create an entire sustainable energy ecosystem, Tesla also manufactures a unique set of energy solutions, Powerwall, Powerpack and Solar Roof, enabling homeowners, businesses, and utilities to manage renewable energy generation, storage, and consumption. Supporting Tesla’s automotive and energy products is Gigafactory 1 – a facility designed to significantly reduce battery cell costs. By bringing cell production in-house, Tesla manufactures batteries at the volumes required to meet production goals, while creating thousands of jobs.
And this is just the beginning. With Tesla building its most affordable car yet, Tesla continues to make products accessible and affordable to more and more people, ultimately accelerating the advent of clean transport and clean energy production. Electric cars, batteries, and renewable energy generation and storage already exist independently, but when combined, they become even more powerful – that’s the future we want.
How to Safe Guard your Home from Coronavirus
Read How to protect your home from Coronavirus here
Life under coronavirus means staying home as much as possible — but you’ll likely need to make a trip to the grocery store or pharmacy at some point.
With the help of physicians and infectious disease experts, we built a tip sheet to make sure you don’t bring the virus back with you.
Note: Recommendations for COVID-19 may change as officials learn more, so monitor your local health department and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention for updates.
Make a game plan
- Designate one person to be your errand-runner to limit your outside exposures
- Set up a disinfecting station — an area outside your home or in a room with low foot traffic where you can disinfect packaged food
When you’re out
- Avoid coming within less than six feet of others
- Wipe handles on carts or baskets while shopping
- Some states mandate you wear a mask when you go into a business. Also, wash your hands frequently while you’re out and avoid touching your face
When you get back
- Wash your hands with soap and water for 20 seconds
- Disinfect takeout boxes and packaged foods at your disinfecting station
- Thoroughly wash produce before putting it in your kitchen
- Disinfect everything you touch — doorknobs, light switches, keys, phone, keyboards, remotes, etc.
- Use EPA-approved disinfectants (these include Clorox Disinfecting Wipes and certain Lysol sprays) and leave surfaces wet for 3-5 minutes
- Ask workers to drop deliveries off on your doorstep or in an area of your complex
- If they need you to come to the door, keep six feet of distance
- Pay and tip online when possible
- After you pick up mail from your mailbox, wash your hands
- Wash clothes, towels and linens regularly on the warmest setting
- Disinfect your laundry hamper, too, or place a removable liner inside it
- Don’t shake dirty laundry to avoid dispersing the virus in the air
- You shouldn’t allow guests over right now
- If you need to house a family member or friend, avoid shared living spaces as much as you can
- If they need to enter shared living spaces, ask them to keep six feet of distance
If someone in your house gets sick
- First, consult your doctor
- Isolate them in another room and ask them to use a separate restroom
- Disinfect frequently touched surfaces every day
- Avoid sharing items with them
- Wear gloves when washing their laundry
- Continue to wash your hands frequently
- Ask them to wear a face mask if they have one
How to protect your home from Coronavirus
Supplies you’ll need
- EPA-approved disinfectants
- If you don’t have disinfectants, make a bleach solution: Mix four teaspoons bleach per quart of water
- Or Use a 70% alcohol solution
- Laundry detergent
- Trash bags
- Prescription medicines (you can mail order these)
- Canned foods — fruits, veggies, beans
- Dry goods — breads, pastas, nut butters
- Frozen foods — meats, veggies, fruits
- Supervise your pet in your backyard
- It’s OK to play with them outside — just keep your distance from other humans
- If you’re sick, ask someone you live with to take care of them while you recover
- If you must care for them while you’re sick, wash your hands frequently
— World Health Organization (WHO) (@WHO) April 22, 2020
How to Download from Facebook
Learn how to download from Facebook in this post
Have you ever seen a video on Facebook you wanted to download it to your device? well if your answer is YES then this post will show you how…
There are several ways of downloading videos from facebok but on this post we will be dealing with two easiest ways to do that.
How to Download From Facebook using FBDOWN.NET
On your Facebook feed or timeline ‘Right Click’ on any video then ‘Copy Video URL at current time’. See screenshot below.
How to Downlaod From Facebook
Go to FBDOWN.net. Then paste the URL and Click ‘Download’, like the screenshot below
How to Download From Facebook
Click on “Download normal quality video” or “Download HD video” (if available) to start downloading the video.
Note 1: If the video starts playing instead of downloading, then on Step 3 Right Click the link and “Save as…” to download the video.
How To Download From Facebook Using Savefrom.net
1.Open Facebook. Go to https://www.facebook.com/. This will open your News Feed page if you’re logged in.
- If you aren’t logged in, enter your email address and password in the top-right corner of the page and click Log in.
2.Go to the video that you want to download. Either scroll through your News Feed until you find the video, or enter the name of the person who posted the video into the search bar at the top of the page and go to their account to look for the video.
- If you see a lock or a two-person silhouette instead of a globe, you cannot download the video.
How to Downlaod From Facebook
4. Right-click the video. Once you arrive at the video, press your mouse’s right button on it to prompt a drop-down menu. You may have to right-click the video a few times before the drop-down menu will appear.
- On a Mac, you can also hold Ctrl and click the video.
- If your mouse doesn’t have a right-click button, click the right side of the mouse, or use two fingers to click the mouse.
- If your computer uses a trackpad instead of a mouse, use two fingers to tap the trackpad or press the bottom-right side of the trackpad.
How to Download From Facebook
5. Click Show video URL. It’s at the bottom of the drop-down menu. Clicking it prompts a small pop-up box with the Facebook video’s link in it.
6. copy the Facebook link. Click the link in the pop-up box to select it, then press Ctrl+C (Windows) or ⌘ Command+C (Mac). Doing so will copy the link.
- You can also right-click the link and then click Copy in the resulting drop-down menu.
7. Open the SaveFrom website. Go to https://en.savefrom.net/ in your browser. SaveFrom is a website that allows you to download videos from Facebook by inputting links.
8. Paste in the Facebook video’s link. Click the “Just insert a link” text box at the top of the page, then press Ctrl+V (Windows) or ⌘ Command+V (Mac). After a moment, the video’s preview icon will appear below the text field.
- You can also right-click the text field and click Paste in the drop-down menu.
How to Download From Facebook
9. Click Download. This green button is below the video’s preview window. Doing so will immediately prompt the video to download into your computer’s default “Downloads” folder, though you may have to confirm the download or select a save location depending on your browser’s settings.
- SaveFrom will automatically assign the highest possible quality to your video, but if you want to lower the video’s quality, click ∨ to the right of the “MP4 HD” text and then select a different option (e.g., MP4 SD).
Khabonina Qubeka Net Worth
Frank Opperman Net Worth
Digital technology is having an impact on the exponential growth of gambling and games of chance
10 Wonderful Tips for Peace of Mind
Sandra Prinsloo Net Worth
NET WORTH11 months ago
Richest Man in Ghana 2021 Forbes
From the web7 months ago
Richest Man in Zambia
From the web11 months ago
Richest Actors in the World 2021
ENTREPRENEURSHIP1 year ago
companies of Dr papa Kwesi Nduom
ENTREPRENEURSHIP7 months ago
Top 50 Richest People in Zimbabwe
NET WORTH7 months ago
Best Rappers in the World
From the web7 months ago
Ginimbi Net Worth
ENTREPRENEURSHIP1 year ago
Top 10 Richest Men in Africa 2021 Forbes