what is Stephen Curry Net worth?
Stephen Curry Net worth 2022: Wardell Stephen Curry, widely known as Stephen or Steph Curry, is a professional American basketball player and the son of former basketball player and Charlotte Hornets all-time leader by points, Dell Curry. Keep reading as we bring to you Stephen Cury net worth and biography
Stephen Curry net worth Profile
Net worth: $130 million
Full Name: Wardell Stephen Curry
Date of Birth: March 14,1988
Occupation: Professional Basketball player
Years Active 2009-Present
Stephen Curry currently plays for the Golden State Warriors in the NBA and he is also regarded as the best shooter in basketball history. He plays as a point guard for the Golden State Warriors and has revolutionized the game of basketball by motivating NBA teams to consistently make use of the three-point shot. Let us take a look at the life and career of one of the most decorated point guard in NBA.
Wardell Stephen Curry was born on March 14,1988 in Akron, Ohio. His parents are Sonya Curry and Dell Curry. His father Dell Curry was a former basketball player who previously played for Charlotte Hornets in 1986 before his retirement in 2002. Stephen Curry has a younger brother by name Sydell Curry whom he used to go with to watch their father play. He attended Charlotte Christian School before taking up a career in basketball after graduation.
Stephen Curry used to look up to his father who was his personal coach.
Stephen Curry began playing basketball right from when he was at Charlotte Christian School where he recorded an impressive 32 points when his school played against Michigan University. He rose to prominence during his time AT Davidson Wildcats where he won the Southern Conference Freshman of the Year by leading the team to the regional finals
Stephen Curry later set a record in NCAA for three-pointers made in a single season, during his second year as an undergraduate. He was later drafted into NBA with a seven overall pick. He began his professional career in NBA as a point guard where he was averaging above 22 points per game. His five star performances earned him a spot in the USA Men’s Senior National Team. He helped the National Team to claim the gold medal in the World Championship in 2010.
Curry was later traded in 2014 with Golden State Warriors. His debut season with Golden State Warriors, helped the team to win the NBA finals by defeating Cleveland Cavaliers which has super stars like LeBron James.
Internationally, Stephen Curry made his international debut for the United States in 2007 at the FIBA Under-19 world Championship, there he lead national team to second place which they claimed the silver medal. As a five star performer, Curry was promoted to the senior team though he had limited playing time as the US basketball team won the gold medal after remaking invincible till the final.
Stephen Curry is married to Ayesha Alexander whom he has three children with. They live together in a $31 million worth of mansion which he bought in Atherton, California.
- Most Valuable Player NBA
- Scoring Leader NBA
- Skills Challenge Champion NBA
- ESPY Award (Best Male Athlete and Best NBA Player, 2015
- NBA Champion
- NBA All-Star
Famous Stephen Curry Quotes
- “To excel at the highest level – or any level, really – you need to believe in yourself; and hands down, one of the biggest contributors to my self-confidence has been private coaching.” -Stephen Curry
- “Right after the draft, when I came out to Oakland, there was a press conference and a dinner with the owner, GM, and Coach Nelson. We did some sightseeing and some house searching the next day, but to be honest, I had no idea what I was doing. I tried to find a spot close to our gym because I figured that’s where I’d spend most of my time.” – Stephen Curry
- “It doesn’t matter where you come from, what you have or don’t have, what you lack, or what you have too much of. But all you need to have is faith in God, an undying passion for what you do and what you choose to do in this life; and a relentless drive and the will to do whatever it takes to be successful in whatever you put your mind to.” – Stephen Curry
- “With all the travel we’re doing to cold-weather cities, your mind definitely starts to wander. It gets you away from the game. Even when you arrive in a city, you’re tempted to just sit in your hotel and rest. Sometimes it’s nice to just get out and walk around, to see what’s there.” – Stephen Curry
Stephen Curry Net Worth
Stephen Curry net worth 2021 is $130 million. He is one of the richest NBA stars. Being one of the most outstanding basketball players in the game, Stephen Curry has won a lot of admiration and awards from his eye catching performances in NBA.