Gusea brings to you Shahrzad Rafati net worth 2023
Shahrzad Rafati is the founder and CEO of BroadbandTV Corp, a digital media and technology company that drives monetization for content creators.
Shahrzad Rafati net worth is $200 million.
Rafati was born 1979 in Tehran, Iran and immigrated to Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada as a teenager. In 2005, she completed her BSc in computer science at the University of British Columbia, becoming a member of the Golden Key International Honors Society.
Rafati also studied French at Université Paris Sorbonne (Paris IV), and is a graduate of the Young Global Leaders Oxford Module: Transformational Leadership at Saïd Business School, University of Oxford.
Rafati founded BroadbandTV in 2005 and has led it since then, garnering a 2013 $36 million investment from RTL Group which was at the time in Canada the largest financial placement in an Internet media company in six years.
Separate from her role at BroadbandTV, Rafati is also a board member for a number of organizations including Hootsuite, a social media management platform, and Bjarke Ingels Group, an architecture firm, as well as Vice Chair of the board at Invest in Canada.
She has also been a board member of the Vancouver Economic Commission, and the Forum for Women Entrepreneurs.
While attending university, Rafati worked at TIO networks, started a non-profit aimed at connecting donors and charities online, and worked with UNICEF.
Shahrzad Rafati Net Worth
Shahrzad Rafati net worth is $200 million. Shahrzad is credited with pioneering both the technology and business model that made peace between big entertainment entities like the NBA and their fans who were uploading premium content to video sites like YouTube.
Shahrzad has built BroadbandTV as a quadruple bottom line business and measures success across employee, community, environmental, and financial KPIs, citing a workforce of over 40% female identifying employees and managers with a 0% gender pay gap
Public speaking and thought leadership
Rafati has spoken at events such as TEDx Vancouver. She has also spoken at the World Economic Forum Annual Meeting in Davos, VidCon, Web Summit, CES, Newfronts, Financial Times Digital Media, DMEXCO, Business Insider’s IGNITION, and Collision.
Shahrzad has also written in Fortune Magazine, The Wall Street Journal and Wired.
Shahrzad Rafati net worth is $200 million
- 2020: CanadianSME Magazine, Business Woman of the Year
- 2019: AdAge Creativity Awards, Visionary/Founder of The Year
- 2018: Ernst & Young, Entrepreneur of the Year, Pacific, Technology Category
- 2018: Canadian Innovation Awards Winner – Entrepreneur
- 2017: Canada’s Most Powerful Women: Top 100 Award Winner – Hall of Fame
- 2017: Canada’s Top 40 under 40
- 2017: RBC Canadian Immigrant Awards
- 2016: Hollywood Reporter’s 20 Most Powerful Women in Global Television, Person of the Year by BC Technology Association, TheWrap’s Innovator List
- 2015: Variety’s Power of Women list, Business Intelligence Group Woman of the Year
- 2014: Digital Life Design (DLD), Munich, Germany, panelist: Digital Storytelling: Surfing the Video Explosion (January 2014)
- 2013: Digi Awards, Executive of The Year (December 2013)
- 2013: Canada’s Most Powerful Women: Top 100™ Award Winner in the Sun Life Financial Arts & Communications category (December 2013)
- 2013: Ernst & Young, Pacific Emerging Entrepreneur of the Year (October 2013)
- 2013: Business In Vancouver, CEO of The Year (October 2013)
- 2012: 40 Under 40 Business in Vancouver (December 2012)