Prince Kofi Amoabeng is a former co-founder of the now defunct UTbank Limited. Read about his inspiring profile here
Prince Kofi Amoabeng was born on February 22, 1952. in Bososo in the Eastern Region of Ghana. He is a Ghanaian business man and a former military officer of the Ghanaian Armed Forces.
Prince started his schooling at Penworth Preparatory School, a boarding school in Accra.
He had his secondary education at the St Peter’s Secondary School at Nkwatia Kwahu and Adisadel College in Cape Coast Ghana before proceeding to the University of Ghana for his undergraduate degree.
He received a Bachelor of Science in Administration degree in 1975 with 2nd Class Upper Honours from the University of Ghana Business School.
After joining the military, he won a scholarship from the Ministry of Defence to pursue a course at the Royal Army Pay Corps where he qualified as an accountant within 18 months and decided to return home upon graduation
Amoabeng began his career in the Ghana Armed Forces when he joined the Ghana Armed Forces after undergraduate degree from the University of Ghana in April 1975. He was commissioned as a Lieutenant in November the same year
Prince Kofi Amoabeng Awards and recognition
- Lifetime Achievement for Innovation in Africa, 2013
- Johnnie Walker Giant, 2012. A global “Walk With Giants” campaign.
- Overall Best Entrepreneur in the Maiden Ghana Entrepreneurs Award (2011)
- One of two Ghanaians profiled in Moky Makura’s book on Africa’s Greatest Entrepreneurs which profiles 16 of Africa’s top entrepreneurs.
- Ghana’s Most Respected CEO for 2008/2010/2012.
- National Honours for an Order of the Star of the Volta- Officer’s Division presented by the
- President of Ghana in 2008.
- (CIMG) Marketing Man of the Year 2006
He was a co-founder of UT Bank which collapsed in 2017 during Ghana’s banking crisis
Content on this website is protected by DMCA. Dont waste your time copying because you would eventually remove it.