it’s been said that if Bill Gates were to drop a $50 note on the floor, by the time he picked it up he would have made more than the note’s worth
Bill Gates is also the 2nd richest man in the world, with Bill Gate’s net worth estimated to be almost $90 billion!
We’ve been publishing a lot of quote articles this week, so to keep things rolling, here’s our collection of 28 powerful Bill Gates quotes, not just on becoming wealthy, but being successful and having a successful business.
28 Powerful Bill Gates Quotes
1. “If you can’t make it good, at least make it look good.” – Bill Gates
2. “To win big, you sometimes have to take big risks.” – Bill Gates
3. “Your most unhappy customers are your greatest source of learning.” – Bill Gates
4. “I choose a lazy person to do a hard job. Because a lazy person will find an easy way to do it.” – Bill Gates
5. “Life is not fair – get used to it!” – Bill Gates
6. “We always overestimate the change that will occur in the next two years and underestimate the change that will occur in the next ten. Don’t let yourself be lulled into inaction.” – Bill Gates
7. “I really had a lot of dreams when I was a kid, and I think a great deal of that grew out of the fact that I had a chance to read a lot.” – Bill Gates
8. “In three years, every product my company makes will be obsolete. The only question is whether we will make them obsolete or somebody else will.” – Bill Gates
9. “Our success has really been based on partnerships from the very beginning.” – Bill Gates
10th of 28 Bill Gates Quotes
10. “The world won’t care about your self-esteem. The world will expect you to accomplish something BEFORE you feel good about yourself.” – Bill Gates
11. “Patience is a key element of success.” – Bill Gates
12. “People always fear change. People feared electricity when it was invented, didn’t they?” – Bill Gates
13. “In this business, by the time you realize you’re in trouble, it’s too late to save yourself. Unless you’re running scared all the time, you’re gone.” – Bill Gates
14. “Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces smart people into thinking they can’t lose.” – Bill Gates
15. “It’s fine to celebrate success, but it is more important to heed the lessons of failure.” – Bill Gates
16. “If I’d had some set idea of a finish line, don’t you think I would have crossed it years ago?” – Bill Gates
17. “As we look ahead into the next century, leaders will be those who empower others.” – Bill Gates
18. “Capitalism is this wonderful thing that motivates people, it causes wonderful inventions to be done. But in this area of diseases of the world at large, it’s really let us down.” – Bill Gates
19. “Before you were born, your parents weren’t as boring as they are now. They got that way from paying your bills, cleaning your clothes and listening to you talk about how cool you thought you are. So before you save the rain forest from the parasites of your parent’s generation, try delousing the closet in your own room.” – Bill Gates
20th of 28 Bill Gates Quotes
20. “Don’t compare yourself with anyone in this world. If you do so, you are insulting yourself.”– Bill Gates
21. “You will NOT make $60,000 a year right out of high school. You won’t be a vice-president with a car phone until you earn both.” – Bill Gates
22. “The world won’t care about your self-esteem. The world will expect you to accomplish something BEFORE you feel good about yourself.” – Bill Gates
23. “If you think your teacher is tough, wait till you get a boss.” – Bill Gates
24. “If you mess up, it’s not your parents’ fault, so don’t whine about your mistakes, learn from them.” – Bill Gates
25. “Your school may have done away with winners and losers, but life HAS NOT. In some schools they have abolished failing grades and they’ll give you as MANY TIMES as you want to get the right answer. This doesn’t bear the slightest resemblance to ANYTHING in real life.” – Bill Gates
26. “Be nice to nerds. Chances are you’ll end up working for one.” – Bill Gates
27. “I realized about 10 years ago that my wealth has to go back to society. A fortune, the size of which is hard to imagine, is best not passed on to one’s children. It’s not constructive for them.” – Bill Gates
28. “Of my mental cycles, I devote maybe 10% to business thinking. Business isn’t that complicated. I wouldn’t want that on my business card.” – Bill Gates
The Pursuit of Love – Love Short
The Pursuit of Love
I have loved her for thirteen months and 5 days; it’s just that she doesn’t know about it.
She works at the corner bakery where they sell those awesome cupcakes or so I am told, but I can’t be sure of that even though I have purchased hundreds of them. The mere sight of her sends all my senses on a strike leaving me with a thunderous pounding of the heart that resonates loudly in my eardrums. I am sure we have a past connection but the thought that she will never know gnaws at my heart making me ill at ease.
But today, I feel that something important is going to happen and all these thoughts buzzing around in my head is making me dizzy.
But that could also be because I hadn’t had anything to eat or drink – Or maybe because I haven’t slept in the last forty eight hours. It has been raining heavily since then and the torment of the falling drops on the window pane is like a whip lashing for me as I sit by the window, delirious, hoping to catch a glimpse of her. It has been forty eight hours since the rain started, it’s the heaviest in ten years I heard the chap say on the weather channel and it’s likely to continue.
And these hours have been the toughest – not being able to see my love –
But wait – what is this that I see? A light – a faint one inside the bakery – It must be her; it has to be her…
I stumble down the staircase, run through the alley, crossing the road; all wet by the rain but kept warm by the love burning inside me. I know what you are thinking – that it’s such a cliché. But for some clichés are the closest to truth.
I reach the door of the bakery; I can hardly see anything inside through the glass. I hesitate not sure what is it that I can do, the rain is soaking me through though I know my love cannot be washed away and she will know, yes she will know.
And then the doors open and there she is – my love – she looks at me– then smiles and says in that melodious voice of hers,
“sorry, we are closed”
I wait for the words to come from her mouth, even mine, but there’s none – I smile in return, hiding my anguish, and I walk away slowly back in the rain.
At the steps of the building, I pause – self ridicule makes me halt for a mere second, and I turn to look back in the direction of my love and watch her walk away, the umbrella barely doing a good job, her white dress now sticking to her legs and her hair clings around her waist instead of my hands, and she half walks and half skips to a waiting car. The door opens as she approaches it and a man gets out, runs towards her, hugs her and then kisses her. I hear her laugh, a playful laugh and that laugh urges me to run towards her and scream out loud,
“Not him, me. I who have loved you secretly for months… not him, it’s me”
But I remain rooted to the spot and with an ever burdening heart watch her drive away and I return to my room to bide my time till another day.
Content on this website is protected by DMCA. Dont waste your time copying because you would eventually remove it.