Oprah Winfrey net worth
Table of Contents
Oprah Winfrey net worth 2021:Oprah Gail Winfrey is an American media executive, actress, talk show host, television producer and philanthropist. Oprah Winfrey net worth is $2.7 billion
Winfrey was born Orpah Gail Winfrey; her first name was spelled Orpah on her birth certificate after the biblical figure in the Book of Ruth, but people mispronounced it regularly and “Oprah” stuck. She was born in Kosciusko, Mississippi, to an unmarried teenage mother. Her mother, Vernita Lee (1935–2018), was a housemaid. Winfrey’s biological father is usually noted as Vernon Winfrey
Winfrey was born into poverty in rural Mississippi to a single teenage mother and later raised in inner-city Milwaukee. She has stated that she was molested during her childhood and early teens and became pregnant at 14; her son was born prematurely and died in infancy. Winfrey was then sent to live with the man she calls her father, Vernon Winfrey, a barber in Tennessee, and landed a job in radio while still in high school.
By 19, she was a co-anchor for the local evening news. Winfrey’s often emotional, extemporaneous delivery eventually led to her transfer to the daytime talk show arena, and after boosting a third-rated local Chicago talk show to first place, she launched her own production company.
Winfrey’s first job as a teenager was working at a local grocery store. At the age of 17, Winfrey won the Miss Black Tennessee beauty pageant. She also attracted the attention of the local black radio station, WVOL, which hired her to do the news part-time. She worked there during her senior year of high school and in her first two years of college.
She had won an oratory contest, which secured her a full scholarship to Tennessee State University, a historically black institution, where she studied communication. However, she did not deliver her final paper and receive her degree until 1987, by which time she was a successful television personality.
Winfrey’s career in media would not have surprised her grandmother, who once said that ever since Winfrey could talk, she was on stage. As a child, she played games interviewing her corncob doll and the crows on the fence of her family’s property. Winfrey later acknowledged her grandmother’s influence, saying it was Hattie Mae who had encouraged her to speak in public and “gave me a positive sense of myself”.
she has also been praised for overcoming adversity to become a benefactor to others. Winfrey had also emerged as a political force in the 2008 presidential race, delivering about one million votes to Barack Obama in the razor-close 2008 Democratic primary. In 2013, Winfrey was awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedom by President Obama and honorary doctorate degrees from Duke and Harvard. In 2008, she formed her own network, Oprah Winfrey Network (OWN).
Credited with creating a more intimate, confessional form of media communication, Winfrey popularized and revolutionized the tabloid talk show genre pioneered by Phil Donahue. In 1994, she was inducted into the National Women’s Hall of Fame.
Winfrey has won many accolades throughout her career which includes 18 Daytime Emmy Awards, including the Lifetime Achievement Award and the Chairman’s Award, two Primetime Emmy Awards, including the Bob Hope Humanitarian Award, a Tony Award, a Peabody Award and the Jean Hersholt Humanitarian Award, awarded by the Academy Awards and two additional Academy Award nominations.
Oprah Winfrey Net worth
Oprah Winfrey Net worth is estimated at $2.7 B. Oprah is the richest black woman in the world. She is one of the most successful women on earth. She has been recognized as one of the most influential people in the world.
- Oprah Winfrey has transitioned her hit talk show, which ran for 25 years, into a media and business empire.
- Winfrey parlayed her role as a news anchor into a 25-year talk show gig. Reinvested, the profits from her show add up to an estimated $2 billion.
- In 2011, Winfrey launched cable channel OWN. Her 25.5% of the network is worth about $75 million.
- The ‘Oprah effect’ has spread to Weight Watchers: she bought a 10% stake in 2015 (since lowered to 8%) and acts as a brand ambassador.
- In June 2018, she signed a deal with Apple’s streaming service to create original content that will include a book club, documentaries and TV series.
When you undervalue what you do, the world will undervalue who you are.” – Oprah Winfrey
“The life you want is waiting to rise up to meet you … Will you accept it? Do you feel worthy enough to accept it?” – Oprah Winfrey
“You will find true success and happiness if you have only one goal. There really is only one, and that is this: To fulfill the highest, most truthful expression of yourself as a human being. You want to max out your humanity by using your energy to lift yourself up, your family, and the people around you.” – Oprah Winfrey
“Be thankful for what you have; you’ll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don’t have, you will never, ever have enough.” – Oprah Winfrey
“If you feel like he is stringing you along, then he probably is. Don’t stay because you think “it will get better.” You’ll be mad at yourself a year later for staying when things are not better. The only person you can control in a relationship is you.” – Oprah Winfrey
Oprah Winfrey Net worth Success Story
- From a very early age, she had the irrepressible will to become rich and famous—and she was convinced that she would achieve her goals.
- She never tried to beat her competitors—other talk show hosts—in the areas they were stronger, i.e. on political and intellectually demanding topics. Even in the early phase of her career, she was indifferent when her critics accused her of being superficial and sensationalist: ratings and popularity with her audience meant far more to her than critical acclaim.
- Nevertheless, she constantly reinvented herself and managed to shed her image as the “Queen of Trash TV,” for example by becoming the most influential authority for book recommendations and founding Oprah’s Book Club.
- Despite her undisputed celebrity status, Oprah always managed to make her audience accept that she was one of them. Her viewers felt that they were understood because Oprah had the same problems and worries they did—with her figure or relationships. For years, the theme song for her talk show was “I’m Every Woman.”
- She did everything in her power to control her image. For example, she banned her audience members from taking photos of her and even regularly dictated which photographers could take pictures of her for media outlets.
- Although she regularly devoted her talk shows to topics that presented her guests as “victims,” she still empowered people by giving them the strong hope that they could shape their own destiny and had the opportunity to change their lives and succeed, even if they had been victims in the past. If her audience needed further confirmation, Oprah’s own life story offered the best proof: the rags-to-riches tale of a black woman and survivor of childhood abuse who went on to become the richest and most famous woman in the world.
- She never restricted herself to just one medium—television talk shows—but built an entire media empire spanning TV productions, films, magazines, a book club, the internet, lectures, and more. Unlike other journalists, she did not work as an employee for long; she built her own empire as a media entrepreneur.
Have any comment about Oprah Winfrey net worth, let us know in the comments section below.
Marcelo Brozovic Net Worth and Biography
In this article, we bring to you Marcelo Brozovic net worth and biography. Marcelo Brozovic is a versatile midfield maestro from Croatia, who plays as a holding midfielder for Serie A side, Inter Milan and for the Croatia national team
Marcelo Brozovic is a versatile midfield maestro from Croatia, who plays as a holding midfielder for Serie A side, Inter Milan and for the Croatia national team. in this article, we will be bringing to you Marcelo Brozovic net worth and biography
Marcelo Brozovic , number 77 is known for his defensive prowess, pinpoint passes, stamina and ability to move from box to box. Although he is often played in a deeper midfield, Brozovic is capable of playing anywhere in the midfield and at some point he was likened to Chelsea and England legend Frank Lampard due to his style of play. Keep reading to find more about Marcelo Brozovic net worth
Apart from his contributions at the club level, Brozovic has been instrumental to the success of the Croatian national team, most notably during the 2018 FIFA World Cup which was held in Russia, where he helped the National team to reach the world cup finals which they lost to France. Read on to uncover more thrilling facts about Marcelo Brozovic.
Marcelo Brozovic Net Worth Profile
Table of Contents
|Net worth||$23 million|
|Full name||Marcelo Brozovic|
|Date of birth||November 16, 1992|
Marcelo Brozovic was born in Zagreb, Croatia, on November 16,1992. His father is Ivan Brozovic while his mother goes by the name Sanja Brozovic. He has a brother named Patrick Brozovic and a sister named Ema Brozovic. He began playing football at a very young age and was soon registered in the youth ranks of Hryvatski Dragovoljac where he developed into a young, strong and versatile midfield maestro. A graduate from Hrvatski Dragovoljac’s youth academy, Marcelo Brozovic made his professional debut in 2010.
Marcelo Brozovic Club Career
Marcelo Brozovic began his early career in 2010, where he joined the youth team of Dragovoljac. He only spent one year with the senior team (after rising through the youth ranks) before moving to Lokomotiva in 2011 to continue his development. In his debut season with Lokomotiva, Marcelo Brozovic helped the Club to escape relegation and making him one of the club’s most priced assets.
Marcelo Brozovic subsequently developed into a composed midfielder who is very confident with the ball in his feet then became and integral part of the club. He helped the Club to a comfortable finish in the League table and later signed a transfer deal with Dinamo Zagreb in 2012, having played 27 times for Lokomotiva.
After signing a seven year deal with Dinamo Zagreb, Brozovic was presented with the jersey number 77. He immediately became a regular at the club and even made his league and champions league debut where he played full time. In his debut season for the club, managed only two goals in 30 appearances.
Having spent just three seasons with Dinamo Zagreb, Marcelo Brozovic played a total of 64 games for the club before sealing a move away to Inter Milan in 2015. As usual, Brozovic immediately established himself as a first team player who became indispensable in the heart of Inter Milan midfield.
His outstanding performances, work rates and defensive abilities endeared him to the various coaches that managed the Serie A. He subsequently helped the Nerazzurri to finish in the top four of the Serie A. In the 2020-21 season Marcelo Brozovic won the Serie A with Inter Milan, the club’s first in eleven years. He has played a total of 206 games for the Serie A Champions.
Marcelo Brozovic has played a total of 68 games for the Croatia national team since he was called to the national team in 2014. He was with the squad that reached the finals of the FIFA 2018 world cup which they lost to France.
Marcelo Brozovic is happily married to Silvia Lihtar whom he has a daughter with, named Aurora. Their second child Rafael came two years after their first child Aurora was born.
Marcelo Brozovic has been involved in some charity works as he donated a sets of textbooks to students of Ceric primary school. He also sponsored the hip surgery of a Macedonian.
- Prva HNL
- Serie A
- UEFA Europa League runner
- FIFA World Cup runner-up
- UEFA Europa League Squad of the Season
How tall is Marcelo ?
Marcelo Brozovic is about 1.81 m (5 ft 11 in) tall, and has a weight of 68kg with an eye color of black and a black hair color.
What is Marcelo Brozovic Net Worth ?
Marcelo Brozovic net worth is a mouth watering $23 million, making him one of the highest paid Croatian footballer. Marcelo net worth is higher than that of fellow country man Ivan Perisic
What is Marcelo Brozovic Salary ?
Ivan Perisic receives a weekly and annual salary of £134,000, and £6,968,000 respectively.
What is FIFA 21?
Marcelo Brozovic currently has an overall FIFA 21 rating of 84.
How Good is Marcelo Brozovic?
Marcelo Brozovic is a very indispensable player to Inter Milan, he helps solid the midfield and helps the midfield to function. His hold up play an amazing defensive skills is unlike any in the club.
Thanks for reading about Marcelo Brozovic Net Worth, leave your reply in the comments below.
Content on this website is protected by DMCA. Dont waste your time copying because you would eventually remove it.