Muhammadu Buhari Net Worth 2023: Muhammadu Buhari is a Nigerian politician who has been president of Nigeria since 2015. Buhari is a retired Major General of the Nigerian Army and served as military head of state from 1983 to 1985, after taking power in a military coup d’état.
Muhammadu Buhari Net Worth Profile
|Net worth||$80 million|
|Full Name||Muhammadu Buhari|
|Date of birth||17 December 1942|
|Occupation||Nigerian Politician and current President|
As of 2023, Muhammadu Buhari net worth is valued at $80 million. Muhammadu Buhari GCFR is a Nigerian politician, who is currently the president of Nigeria. Buhari is a retired Nigerian Army major general who served as the country’s military head of state
Buhari was born to a Fulani family on 17 December 1942, in Daura, Katsina State, to his father Mallam Hardo Adamu, a Fulani chieftain, and his mother Zulaihat. He is the twenty-third child of his father. Buhari was raised by his mother, after his father died when he was about four years old. He attended primary school in Daura and Mai’adua, in 1953, Katsina Middle School, and attended Katsina Provincial Secondary School from 1956 to 1961
Buhari enrolled at age 19 in the Nigerian Military Training College (NMTC) in 1962.
From 1962 to 1963, Buhari underwent officer cadet training at Mons Officer Cadet School in Aldershot in England.
Read Top 10 Richest Presidents in Africa
In January 1963, at age 20, Buhari has commissioned a second lieutenant and appointed Platoon Commander of the Second Infantry Battalion in Abeokuta, Nigeria.
From November 1963 to January 1964, Buhari attended the Platoon Commanders’ Course at the Nigerian Military Training College, Kaduna. In 1964, he facilitated his military training by attending the Mechanical Transport Officer’s Course at the Army Mechanical Transport School in Borden, United Kingdom.
From 1965 to 1967, Buhari served as commander of the Second Infantry Battalion and appointed brigade major, Second Sector, First Infantry Division, April 1967 to July 1967. Following the bloody 1966 Nigerian coup d’état, which resulted in the death of Premier Ahmadu Bello. Lieutenant Buhari alongside several young officers from Northern Nigeria, took part in the July counter-coup which ousted General Aguiyi Ironsi replacing him with General Yakubu Gowon.
Buhari has held several political positions including;
He was appointed Governor of the North-Eastern State from 1 August 1975 to 3 February 1976, to oversee social, economic, and political improvements in the state.
Colonel Buhari was appointed as the Federal Commissioner for Petroleum and Natural Resources (now a minister) In 1977, when the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation was created.
Muhammadu Buhari net worth is valued at $80 million
In 2003, Buhari ran for office in the presidential election as the candidate of the All Nigeria People’s Party (ANPP). He was defeated by the People’s Democratic Party incumbent, President Olusẹgun Ọbasanjọ, by more than 11 million votes.
He run again in 2006 but lost to Yar’Adua’s.
Read Top 10 Richest Men in Nigeria
Buhari was the CPC Presidential candidate in the 2011 election, running against incumbent President Goodluck Jonathan of the People’s Democratic Party (PDP), Mallam Nuhu Ribadu of Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN), and Ibrahim Shekarau of ANPP. He lost that election to Goodluck Jonathan
Buhari contested again in 2015 which he won against Goodluck Jonathan as his main contender. He was re-elected for his second term in 2019
Muhammadu Buhari Net Worth
Muhammadu Buhari net worth 2023 is estimated at $80 million according to Austinemedia. He is reportedly paid $6,000 a month as salary.
In 2015 Buhari declared his assets as including; US$150,000 cash; in addition to five homes and two mud houses as well as farms, an orchard and a ranch of 270 head of cattle, 25 sheep, five horses and a variety of birds, shares in three firms, two undeveloped plots of land, and two cars bought from his savings.
What is the name of Buhari children?
1) Fatima: Born March 7, 1975. Education: Airforce Primary School, Victoria Island, Lagos; Government College, Kaduna; Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria; postgraduate degree, Business Academy, Stratford, United Kingdom.
2) Nana-Hadiza: Born June 23, 1981. Education: Essence International School; Cobham Hall, Kent, United Kingdom; University of Buckingham; Postgraduate, National Teachers Institute, Kaduna; Masters in International Affairs and Strategic Studies, Polytechnic Kaduna.
3) Safinatu: Born October 13, 1983. Education: Essence International School; Cobham Hall, Kent, United Kingdom; University of Plymouth, United Kingdom; presently at Arden University, United Kingdom
4) Halima: Born October 8, 1990. Education: International School, Kaduna; British School of Lome; Bellerby’s College, Brighton, United Kingdom; University of Leicester, United Kingdom, Nigeria Law School, Lagos.
5) Yusuf: Born April 23. Education: Kaduna International School; British School of Lome; Bellerby’s College, Brighton, United Kingdom; University of Surrey, United Kingdom.
6) Zahra: Born December 18, 1994. Education: Kaduna International School; British School of Lome; Bellerby’s College, Brighton, United Kingdom; University of Surrey, United Kingdom
7) Aisha (Hanan): Born August 30, 1998. Education: Kaduna International School.
8) Noor (Amina): Born September 14, 2004. Education: Kaduna International School.
Muhammadu Buhari net worth is valued at $80 million
How much is Nigeria president salary now?
Nigeria’s President Muhammadu Buhari and his deputy, Prof Yemi Osinbajo will receive N26.18 million ($73,000) per annum as take-home pay, according to the Revenue Mobilisation Allocation and Fiscal Commission.
What is Buhari’s net worth 2023?
Buhari’s estimated net worth of $110 million (₦55 billion). Cars: Being the President, President Buhari has several cars both for official and personal use.
Facts about President Muhammadu Buhari
Here is a collection of some interesting facts about Buhari for you.
- Buhari was imprisoned in Benin for three years
- Buhari unsuccessfully stood for president three times
- In 2021, his administration prohibited Twitter in Nigeria
- He has been married twice and divorced one
- President Buhari served as the federal petroleum minister twice
- Buhari received his training to be a valiant military officer at the Nigeria Military Training College, the Mons officer cadet program, and the army war college.
- He spent a total of 25 years as a military officer (1961-1985).
- In February 2019, Buhari won reelection, defeating his closest competitor, former vice president Atiku Abubakar, by more than 3 million votes.
Muhammadu Buhari cars
Mahammadu Buhari owns some luxurious cars you can think of. Among them includes;
LEXUS LX 570
Based on a 3.5L V6 engine producing 409 HP, this vehicle offers a new level of luxury and reliability both on and off the road. The full-size SUV dominates its class by offering a unique combination of power, technology and prestige to create a new image for itself. The armouring on this vehicle does not affect its luxurious interior.
Mercedes Maybach S650
The official car of the President of Nigeria is a Mercedes-Benz S600, which he uses for official purposes accompanied by men on foot, on motorcycles, and in other secured cars.
Muhammadu Buhari House
currently, as the president of Nigeria, Buhari lives in the state house.
Aso Villa (officially The Aso Rock Presidential Villa) is the workplace and official residence of the President of Nigeria since 1991, when Nigeria moved its capital from Lagos to Abuja. It is located at Yakubu Gowon Crescent, The Three Arms Zone, Asokoro, Abuja, FCT, Nigeria.
However, the former military commander also owns some private residences. According to the Punch.ng Buhari owns five properties located variously in Kaduna, Katsina, Kano, Port Harcourt and Abuja.
President Buhari also has two undeveloped plots of land, one in Kano and the other in Port Harcourt
Muhammadu Buhari Farm
President Buhari owns several farms, an orchard, and a ranch. The total number of his holdings on the farm include 270 heads of cattle, 25 sheep, five horses, a variety of birds, and a number of economic trees.
Muhammadu Buhari Net Worth Summary
As of 2023, Muhammadu Buhari net worth is valued at $80 million. He owns a number of cars and houses in Nigeria. He is also a successful farmer
What do you think about Muhammadu Buhari Net Worth article? leave your reply in the comments below