So you’ve found the woman you want to spend the rest of your life with. How do you ask her to be yours — forever? You should push your nervousness aside and remember that, once you have a full plan and know what to expect, you’ll be able to propose to your girlfriend without any blunders at any stage.
You don’t have to do anything over-the-top or crazy, unless you think that’s what she wants and its what you want. Make that grand gesture if you want to and think she will appreciate it. The most important thing is that you speak from the heart, and that you find the perfect way to let her know how much she means to you. Remember, you may wish to, or have to, ask her parents if you can marry her first, otherwise they will not be happy with you and buying an engagement ring might be useful. Proposing marriage is a big step, get started at step one below.
Public Marriage Proposal Ideas
1. Choose a favorite place—whether it’s a fountain, hotel rooftop, monument or national park—that has personal significance to the two of you. Once you’re there, ask someone nearby to take a picture of you together. Instead of posing, drop down on one knee.
2. Have a choir, brass band or drum line show up for a surprise performance of your fiance-to-be’s favorite love song in a park or public location for your proposal. For a really personal touch, ask the performers if they can incorporate your fiance’s name into the lyrics.
3. Get in touch with the stage manager of your favorite production and propose after the cast’s curtain call. Call ahead and see if you can have a special note or ad placement added into the playbill so you have a keepsake of the proposal.
4. Arrange a surprise proposal with a street caricaturist. Have the caricaturist sketch a picture of you two with word bubbles that say, “Will you marry me?” and “Yes!”
5. Ask the divers at an aquarium to put on a proposal show inside their biggest fish tank. Give them a (waterproof) sign that says, “Will you marry me?” to hold up against the glass and then position yourselves for what will, at first, seem like feeding time.
6. Send your unsuspecting fiance-to-be on a treasure hunt that ends with your marriage proposal. Start with a clue at home (a handwritten note or text message) that leads to a tour of your favorite spots all over town.
7. Go out for a night of dancing and ask the DJ or bandleader to pass you the mic so you can dedicate a song and propose on the dance floor.
8. Hire a skywriter to spell out your proposal for everyone around to see.
9. Take out a full-page ad in a newspaper then pick the perfect spot to have a relaxing morning of catching up on current events.
10. Call into a radio station, make sure your fiance-to-be is listening then propose on the air.
Destination Marriage Proposal Ideas
11. Plan a romantic destination getaway for two. When you’re on the plane, use the loudspeaker system (of course, run your plan by the flight attendants first) and propose at 35,000 feet.
12. Rent a Vespa, scooter or bikes to tour the city and invite your soon-to-be fiance for a ride, but remind them to be safe and wear a helmet. Hand over the helmet (with the ring box already in it) then zip around town to celebrate.
13. Searching for beach proposal ideas? Go to the shore and build a sandcastle together (at a safe distance from the ocean).When your partner isn’t looking, put the ring on the highest tower.
14. After a long day of sightseeing, have a drink in the hotel bar. When it’s time to go, have roses, candles and champagne all set up in your hotel room—everything for a perfect surprise proposal.
15. Add this to the list of outdoor proposal ideas: Go on a hike and pop the question once you’ve reached the top of your climb. (But please be careful not to lose or damage the precious proposal piece in the wilderness.)
Homemade Marriage Proposal Ideas
16. Gather a bunch of your friends and family for a party and have everyone put on a T-shirt or carry balloons filled with helium (otherwise they won’t float) bearing one of the letters in the phrase, “Will you marry me?” Then during the party suggest a group picture to reveal the message.
17. Spell your proposal out in glow-in-the-dark star stickers on your ceiling. Get into bed, turn the lights off and wait for the gasp.
18. Or, use refrigerator magnet letters to write out your marriage proposal. They’ll never be so happy to have gone to grab a snack.
19. Throwback to your childhood with a proposal written in sidewalk chalk on your street or driveway.
20. Create makeshift letters that spell out, “Will you marry me?” using anything from colored duct tape (against a wall or a piece of poster board) to scrapbooking materials. Surprise your partner with your creation at work, home or the park. (Not crafty? Hire a graffiti artist to write out an artistic marriage proposal in huge letters. While you’re at it, hire a proposal photographer to snap you two in front of the masterpiece.)
Marriage Proposal Ideas at Home
21. Fill a favorite room in your home with photo memories from your relationship; you can hang them from balloons or cover the walls with them for a jaw-dropping surprise.
22. Turn off all the lights in your apartment and make a trail of candles that leads to a circle of votives positioned around the ring. (But use extra caution when dealing with flames.)
23. Slip the ring on while your soon-to-be fiance is sleeping then do a romantic morning wake-up call with champagne and strawberries.
24. Tie a red velvet ribbon from one spot in your home to another. Attach little notes recalling perfect moments in your relationship along the way. Wait for your partner at the end of the ribbon with the ring in hand.
25. Cook a five-star-worthy meal of all your fiance-to-be’s favorite foods, or hire a personal chef for the night. Propose over dessert.
26. Have a custom jigsaw puzzle made with your picture and the words “Marry me?” On a rainy day, suggest this activity. When you’ve finished enough that you can clearly see the photo and read the words, it’s time for the marriage proposal. (Hint: This works well with Scrabble too.)
4 Reasons You Need To Bet At Multiple Online Sportsbooks
When you decide to finally stop simply watching your favorite sports and start to play and test your luck in sports betting, you might encounter these lines: “you should be online” and “you should bet at multiple online sportsbooks.” And when you do your research, many expert bettors also suggest the same idea. And that makes you wonder why there is a need to bet on different sportsbooks when you can do it on one.
Well, you’ve come to the right place to answer the question that’s been bugging you. Here, we will give you the most important and key takeaways that should help you figure out why many bettors, including experts, highly advise betting at multiple sportsbooks. We also included additional information that makes betting at multiple bookies a fun thing.
Reasons Why Betting At Multiple Sportsbook Is An Advantage
First thing you should know is that betting on multiple online sportsbooks is a great idea. If you did your research, you could find principles mentioned by many expert bettors that having multiple accounts on different online sportsbooks will gain you leverage. That means the more accounts you have, the better chances of improving your profit or your winnings.
So here’s the first reason why…
Any sports bettor who wants to become an expert or be professional should know how to do line shopping or “odds shopping.” This is one of the basic principles in sports betting, and it’s one of those fundamentals that must be mastered.
Line shopping or odds shopping is like buying your favorite pair of shoes. You visit one shop and another to find the best price for the item. Once you spot the best price, you grab it. That ends with the same quality and brand of the shoes but purchased it at a lower price. That’s the concept of line shopping- getting the best value for your money.
However, there’s a trick that you should know in the world of sports betting. A Sportsbook will set their odds differently from others, all because they’re favoring the crowd’s favorite or they want to balance their money roll while keeping their patrons happy. This is why you need to sign up for multiple online sportsbooks; to beat this trick.
Lots Of Offers
This one thing that many sports bettors enjoy so much: free money and tons of offers on promotions and bonuses!
Online bookies are businesses, and just like any other business, they want to make their clients happy as much as possible all the time. This is to ensure that the client will return and still play at their platform. And the things they do to make this possible? That’s to keep them entertained and fascinated.
Newly signed-up users usually have free money that they can enjoy when trying their luck and taste betting without the need to use their real money. There are also free bets that require no real money from you, but it turns into real cash prizes when you win. There are also risk-free bets that entice sports bettors to keep on playing.
In sports betting, timing is very crucial, and this is one thing that you should learn. When you sign up for different bookies, you’ll learn that they’re rolling out their betting offerings at different times. Some bookies post their moneyline at night before the event takes place. With this type of timing, you can still see how the line shift gives you time to do some readjustments. This can be an advantage for you.
But some bookies post their moneyline on the day of the event; some post it an hour before the event. This might be a problem if you’re using this kind of bookie. You don’t have time to adjust your bets or make necessary changes as the line starts to shift.
If you’re the type of bettor who wants to study line movement, this type of bookie is not for you, and you should start checking other bookies out there.
More Variety In Betting Options
Suppose you want to enjoy the lucrative world of sports betting, or you’re just bored with the typical money line, over/under, and other betting types. In that case, many bookies offer a variety of betting options, and it might get you interested and hooked. Some of these other betting varieties are easy to play with, some offer hefty cash prizes, and some offer decent wins.
The more sportsbook accounts you have, the more options you have at your disposal. And it means you have more chances of winning or improving your profit. You play and win, and sometimes, if you lose, it’s a manageable loss since some of these betting types require a low betting price.
To sum it all up
Betting at multiple online sportsbooks offers you many advantages that can make you improve your winnings. You can always play the traditional betting types or enjoy and indulge in some minor betting varieties that don’t require too much research and analysis. There’s one thing that you should remember all the time, always choose a credible bookie. There are tons of them already on the web, so make sure you study them or ask experts if they are trusted ones. You don’t want to get robbed on the online web.
Melinda French Gates Now A Billionaire After Stock Transfer From Bill Gates
Bill’s investment vehicle, Cascade Investment, transferred $1.8 billion in securities to Melinda on Monday, May 3, the same day the pair announced their surprise divorce, according to SEC filings. That makes Melinda worth at least $1.8 billion, while the stock transfer puts a slight dent in Bill’s net worth, which fell to an estimated $128.6 billion, from $130.4 billion. Even after the ten-figure transfer, the Microsoft cofounder remains the fourth-richest person in the world.
Melinda received 2.94 million shares of AutoNation and 14.1 million shares of Canadian National Railway Co., which are worth $309 million and $1.5 billion, respectively. (Bloomberg News first reported the transfer.) Bill uses Cascade Investment, a holding company based in Kirkland, Washington, to manage his money, including the proceeds from selling Microsoft shares. Bill at one point owned a significant slice of Microsoft, but has given away (to the Gates Foundation) or sold most of his stake over the years and now holds less than 1%.
The stock transfer is almost certainly part of Bill and Melinda’s divorce settlement. While it’s unclear if they signed a prenup, according to their divorce filing Bill and Melinda asked a judge in Washington State to divide their assets based on the terms of a separation contract—a document that is typically signed when spouses are living apart but have not yet divorced. The terms of the contract weren’t disclosed. Bill may have also transferred other assets to Melinda in nonpublic transactions.
Mindfulness Activities to Find Calm at Any Age
The practice of mindfulness is gaining popularity as a way to ease stress, soothe anxiety, and be more present and engaged in life.
Good news: Incorporating mindfulness activities into your routine can be incredibly simple, no matter what your age.
With a little forethought, almost everything you do can become an opportunity for mindfulness
The everyday mindfulness activities below offer plenty of opportunities to slow down, get present, and be more aware of yourself and your surroundings.
Mindfulness activities for adults
One of the most common and well-known mindfulness activities for adults is meditation. While it may seem esoteric or inaccessible, meditation can actually be very simple.
These exercises are meant to transform everyday experiences into mindful moments.
Walking meditation is exactly what it sounds like: a form of meditation you practice while walking, often in a straight line or circle.
You can do it almost anywhere, whether you’re walking to work, taking a stroll around the neighborhood, or hanging out with your kids at the park.
If you’re driving your car, you can engage with the process by focusing on the weight of the vehicle underneath you, the texture of the road you’re driving on, the sound of the tires against the gravel, even the shape and feel of the seat against your rear.
Then, you can send your focus out to scan your environment and become aware not only of other vehicles, lights, and pedestrians, but also of the terrain, foliage, and skyline. With practice, you may even become a better driver.
Keep your phone on silent, turn off the music, and save the makeup application for the parking lot.
You likely (correctly!) guessed that single-tasking is the opposite of multitasking. All it requires is showing up fully to whatever task you’re working on.
If you’re working on the computer, focus on one task at a time. As much as you may not want to, close all the browser tabs that aren’t relevant to the project you’re working on. This can help free up mental space and might even create laser-focus.
To deepen the practice, focus on:
- how you’re breathing
- how your body feels in your seat, or how your feet feel against the floor if you’re standing
- the sensation of the air or your clothes against your skin
- the structure and posture of your body
Mindful eating is a way to turn something you do every day into a mindfulness practice.
You can make mealtimes more mindful with a few basic mindful eating practices, like listening to the sizzle of your pan and chewing slowly to savor every bite.
Other mindful eating tips you might want to try:
- Try eating with your non-dominant hand.
- Eat the first few minutes of your meal in silence and focus on the flavors, aromas, and texture of your food.
- Turn off your TV and put your phone away while you eat.
Gardening is a great way to practice mindfulness and connect with nature at the same time. Set yourself up with a simple task, like planting some seeds or watering some flowers.
As you do so, place your hand in the soil and feel its texture. Is it rough or fine? Is it damp or dry? Is it warm or cool? Allow yourself to enjoy the process as if you were a child playing.
Notice the weather — not through your mind, but through your sensations. Do you have goosebumps from a chill in the air, or is there sweat on your brow from the hot sun?
Notice any other forms of life around you, like a chattering squirrel or chirping bird. You’re likely to meet a worm or roly-poly in the soil, too.
Content on this website is protected by DMCA. reproducing any content on this site without explicit permission is strictly prohibited.