What is Michael Jordan Net Worth?
Table of Contents
|Net worth||$2.1 billion|
|Date of birth||17 February 1963|
|Occupation||Businessman (former professional NBA player)|
Michael Jordan net worth 2021: Michael Jordan is one of the richest NBA stars of all time. He currently has a net worth of $2.1 making him one of the richest sports personalities of all time as well.
Michael Jordan (MJ) is a former professional basketball player from North Carolina. He is known for his career playing with the Chicago Bulls NBA team where he brought home six NBA championships. Jordan has also become a worldwide icon for his appearances on the big-screen and Nike’s Air Jordan shoe enterprise.
In 2010, MJ bought out the Charlotte Hornets NBA franchise as a businessman — though he could’ve easily turned his extraordinary basketball career into a successful run as a coach. Typically, athletes who turn into legends on the court have a future on the sidelines as NBA staff.
Not only are they familiar with how to win championships, but they’re able to intuitively understand their players. For example, Steve Kerr, a former teammate of MJ who became head coach of the Golden State Warriors, turned the franchise into a dynasty in the mid-2010s.
For years, Steph Curry, Draymond Green, and Klay Thompson were the focus of analysts who create NBA betting odds for both conferences. Not only did pundits provide insight related to the team and its top players, but they also covered Kerr and how his experience as an NBA champion helped drive the team.
In the case of Jordan, he’s applied the same work ethic from the court to business ventures and investments. In addition to being the current owner of the Hornets franchise, he’s also an investor in eSports, the NBA’s NFT venture, and philanthropic efforts.
Prior to becoming one of the richest black people in the world, MJ entered the NBA in 1984 as the third draft pick. From there, he quickly became a leader for the Chicago Bulls, who were looking for an overhaul. In 1991, MJ helped the team win an NBA Championship, which he repeated in the next two years to complete his first ‘three-peat’ with the Bulls.
After a brief retirement and appearance in the MLB, MJ returned to the Bulls in 1995, ready for another ‘three-peat’. When he left the Bulls in 1999, he’d led the team to a total of six NBA Championships and earned himself six NBA Finals MVP awards, five NBA MVP awards, and 14 All-Star nods.
In addition to his fame in the NBA, MJ also helped lead the US’s ‘Dream Team’ basketball squad during the 1992 Summer Olympics and the 1992 Tournament of the Americas. He was joined by other famous basketball stars, including Magic Johnson and Larry Bird.
The Dream Team swept both competitions, bringing home an Olympic gold medal in basketball and a gold medal in the FIBA AmeriCup.
Though MJ made his name as a basketball star and will be remembered as one of the greatest players in the history of the sport, not all athletes can transform a successful career into a lasting source of wealth. By combining his passion with a ruthless work ethic, MJ has been able to build a multi-billion-dollar empire.
MJ’s first major venture came with Nike, who adopted his reputation as ‘Air Jordan’, which stemmed from his dunking abilities. This multi-million-dollar venture with Nike began in the 1980s. MJ’s original contract with Nike means he sees a portion of the total revenue earned from the Air Jordan line.
After signing a few more major endorsements, MJ successfully launched his acting career with Looney Tune’s Space Jam film in 1996. The movie made a killing at the box office and helped introduce the basketball star to non-sporting fans around the world.
Since then, MJ has made a slew of sound investments. As mentioned above, he’s joined lucrative ventures like the NBA’s Top Shot NFT startup, which is now valued at $2 billion, as well as meaningful investments in the eSports squad Team Liquid, which is now worth $200 million. Even Jordan’s NBA franchise, the Charlotte Hornets, who have yet to post an impressive season, is valued at $1.5 million, a 600% increase since he bought the team in 2010.
Read Current Top 10 Highest Paid NBA players
In addition to his investments, MJ is also known for his philanthropic efforts. He donated $2 million in earnings in 2020 to food banks in Chicago and North Carolina. Last year, his affiliated Nike Air Jordan brand pledged to donate $100 million in the next ten years to social justice organizations in the US.
Top 40 Powerful Leo Tolstoy Quotes about Love, Nature
Leo Tolstoy Quotes: One of the greatest writers in history, Leo Tolstoy was a Russian writer who wrote different books that centered on Trilogy such as “Childhood”, “Boyhood and “Youth”.
Born as Count Lev Nikolayevich Tolstoy in the 1820s, Leo Tolstoy will always be remembered for his two famous novels, War & Peace and Anna Karenina.
For a man filled with so much wisdom, the compilation of Leo Tolstoy quotes that will inspire you and reshape your thinking on some aspect of life.
Powerful Leo Tolstoy Quotes You Should Never Forget
- “The sole meaning of life is to serve humanity.” – Leo Tolstoy
- “I think… if it is true that there are as many minds as there are heads, then there are as many kinds of love as there are hearts.” – Leo Tolstoy
- “All, everything that I understand, I understand only because I love.” – Leo Tolstoy
- “Seize the moments of happiness, love and be loved! That is the only reality in the world, all else is folly. It is the one thing we are interested in here.” – Leo Tolstoy
- “A man is like a fraction whose numerator is what he is and whose denominator is what he thinks of himself. The larger the denominator the smaller the fraction.” – Leo Tolstoy
- “Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself.” – Leo Tolstoy
- “If, then, I were asked for the most important advice I could give, that which I considered to be the most useful to the men of our century, I should simply say: in the name of God, stop a moment, cease your work, look around you.” – Leo Tolstoy
- “Only people who are capable of loving strongly can also suffer great sorrow, but this same necessity of loving serves to counteract their grief and heals them.” – Leo Tolstoy quotes
- “The only thing that we know is that we know nothing and that is the highest flight of human wisdom.” – Leo Tolstoy
- “A quiet secluded life in the country, with the possibility of being useful to people to whom it is easy to do good, and who are not accustomed to have it done to them; then work which one hopes may be of some use; then rest, nature, books, music, love for one’s neighbor — such is my idea of happiness.” – Leo Tolstoy
- “True life is lived when tiny changes occur.” – Leo Tolstoy quotes
- “Without knowing what I am and why I am here, life is impossible.” – Leo Tolstoy
- “And all people live, Not by reason of any care they have for themselves, But by the love for them that is in other people.” – Leo Tolstoy
- “Freethinkers are those who are willing to use their minds without prejudice and without fearing to understand things that clash with their own customs, privileges, or beliefs. This state of mind is not common, but it is essential for right thinking…” – Leo Tolstoy
- “In the name of God, stop a moment, cease your work, look around you.” – Leo Tolstoy
- “Life could be limitless joy, if we would only take it for what it is, in the way it is given to us.” – Leo Tolstoy
- “Our body is a machine for living. It is organized for that, it is its nature. Let life go on in it unhindered and let it defend itself.” – Leo Tolstoy
- “Some mathematician said: ‘Pleasure lies not in discovering truth, but in seeking it.’” – Leo Tolstoy
- “Truth, like gold, is to be obtained not by its growth, but by washing away from it all that is not gold.” – Leo Tolstoy
- “The sole meaning of life is to serve humanity.” – Leo Tolstoy quotes
- “Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it.” – Leo Tolstoy
- “Anything is better than lies and deceit!” – Leo Tolstoy
- “A truly wise man is always joyful.” – Leo Tolstoy
- “Happiness does not depend on outward things, but on the way we see them.” – Leo Tolstoy
- “Is it really possible to tell someone else what one feels?” – Leo Tolstoy quotes
- “If there existed no external means for dimming their consciences, one-half of the men would at once shoot themselves, because to live contrary to one’s reason is a most intolerable state, and all men of our time are in such a state.” – Leo Tolstoy
- “Pay bad people with your goodness; fight their hatred with you kindness. Even if you do not achieve victory over other people, you will conquer yourself.” – Leo Tolstoy
- “Is it really possible to tell someone else what one feels?” – Leo Tolstoy
- “Spring is the time of plans and projects.” – Leo Tolstoy quotes
- “Nothing is so necessary for a young man as the company of intelligent women.” – Leo Tolstoy
- “We can know only that we know nothing. And that is the highest degree of human wisdom.” – Leo Tolstoy
- “He stepped down, trying not to look long at her, as if she were the sun, yet he saw her, like the sun, even without looking.” – Leo Tolstoy quotes
- “All happy families resemble one another; every unhappy family is unhappy in its own way.” – Leo Tolstoy
- “It is amazing how complete is the delusion that beauty is goodness.” – Leo Tolstoy
- “Respect was invented to cover the empty place where love should be.” – Leo Tolstoy
- “The changes in our life must come from the impossibility to live otherwise than according to the demands of our conscience not from our mental resolution to try a new form of life.” – Leo Tolstoy
- “Joy can only be real if people look upon their life as a service and have a definite object in life outside themselves and their personal happiness.” – Leo Tolstoy
- “One of the first conditions of happiness is that the link between Man and Nature shall not be broken.” – Leo Tolstoy.
- “Rummaging in our souls, we often dig up something that ought to have lain there unnoticed.” – Leo Tolstoy
- “There is something in the human spirit that will survive and prevail, there is a tiny and brilliant light burning in the heart of man that will not go out no matter how dark the world becomes.” – Leo Tolstoy
Thanks for reading about Leo Tolstoy Quotes, leave your reply in the comments below,
Content on this website is protected by DMCA. Dont waste your time copying because you would eventually remove it.