What is Larry Page Net Worth?
What is Larry page net worth ?
|Date of birth||March 26, 1973|
|Occupation||Computer Scientist and internet entrepreneur|
|Country of Residence||United States|
Larry page net worth 2023: Lawrence Edward Page is an American business magnate, computer scientist and Internet entrepreneur. He is best known as one of the co-founders of Google along with Sergey Brin. Larry page net worth is $103 billion making him one of the wealthiest people in the world. Keep reading to find out more
Page was born on March 26, 1973, in Lansing, Michigan. His mother is Jewish; his maternal grandfather later immigrated to Israel.
Read Tim Cook net worth
His father, Carl Victor Page Sr., earned a PhD in computer science from the University of Michigan.
Page’s father was a computer science professor at Michigan State University and his mother Gloria was an instructor in computer programming at Lyman Briggs College at the same institution.
Page was first attracted to computers when he was six years old, as he was able to “play with the stuff lying around”—first-generation personal computers—that had been left by his mother and father.
He became the “first kid in his elementary school to turn in an assignment from a word processor”.
Page attended the Okemos Montessori School now called Montessori Radmoor in Okemos, Michigan, from ages 2 to 7 (1975 to 1979). He attended East Lansing High School graduating in 1991.
In summer school, he attended Interlochen Center for the Arts playing flute but mainly saxophone for two summers. Page holds a Bachelor of Science in computer engineering from the University of Michigan, with honors and a Master of Science in computer science from Stanford University.
Page served as the president of the Beta Epsilon chapter of the Eta Kappa Nu fraternity, and was a member of the 1993 “Maize & Blue” University of Michigan Solar Car team.
As an undergraduate at the University of Michigan, he proposed that the school replace its bus system with a personal rapid transit system, which is essentially a driverless monorail with separate cars for every passenger.
He also developed a business plan for a company that would use software to build a music synthesizer during this time.
In 1998, Brin and Page incorporated Google, Inc. with the initial domain name of “Googol”, derived from a number that consists of one followed by one hundred zeros—representing the vast amount of data that the search engine was intended to explore.
Following inception, Page appointed himself as CEO, while Brin, named Google’s co-founder, served as Google’s president.
Page was the chief executive officer of Google from 1997 until August 2001 stepping down in favor of Eric Schmidt then from April 2011 until July 2015 when he moved to become CEO of Alphabet Inc. created to deliver “major advancements” as Google’s parent company, a post he held until December 4, 2019. He remains an Alphabet board member, employee, and controlling shareholder.
Page is the co-creator and namesake of PageRank, a search ranking algorithm for Google. He received the Marconi Prize in 2004 with co-writer Brin.
Larry Page Net Worth
Creating Google built a significant amount of wealth. According to Bloomberg Billionaires Index, Larry net worth is approximately $103.7 billion, making him the 6th-wealthiest person in the world.
Awards and Honors
- In 2009, Page received an honorary doctorate from the University of Michigan during a graduation commencement ceremony.
- In 2011, he was ranked 24th on the Forbes list of billionaires, and as the 11th richest person in the U.S.
- In 2015, Page’s “Powerful People” profile on the Forbes site states that Google is “the most influential company of the digital era”.
- As of July 2014, the Bloomberg Billionaires Index lists Page as the 17th richest man in the world, with an estimated net worth of $32.7 billion.
- At the completion of 2014, Fortune magazine named Page its “Businessperson of the Year”, declaring him “the world’s most daring CEO”.
- In October 2015, Page was named number one on the Forbes “America’s Most Popular Chief Executives” list, as voted by Google’s employees.
- In August 2017, Page was awarded honorary citizenship of Agrigento, Italy.
Thanks for reading Larry Page Net Worth. Leave your reply in the comments below
- The Pulse of Passion: Sports in Africa and the Rising Tide of Sports Betting
- Netflix Gave A Filmmaker $55 Million To Make A Science-Fiction Show. He Allegedly Spent The Money On Stocks, Five Rolls-Royces and Dogecoin
- Gerard Pique Net worth 2023, Family and Salary
- Shakira Net Worth 2023: Music Career, Awards
- Top 10 Richest Football Managers in the World