Kwesi Botchwey is a prominent person in Ghana. He is noted in recent years for the popular Kwesi Botchway report which was established to ascertain the causes of NDC’s crashing defeat in the 2016 general elections.
In this post we bring to you some notable facts about Kwesi Botchwey you may have not heard about.
Kwesi Botchoway Brief Profile
Kwesi Botchwey is a Ghanaian former government official and Professor of Practice in Development Economics at The Fletcher School of Law and Diplomacy of Tufts University.
He received his secondary school education at the Presbyterian Boys’ Senior High School in Ghana. Botchwey holds an LL.B. from the University of Ghana, a LL.M from Yale Law School, and a doctorate from the University of Michigan Law School. He taught at the University of Zambia, the University of Dar es Salaam (Tanzania) and the University of Ghana.
Facts About Kwesi Botchoway
Dr. Botchwey was Ghana’s Minister of Finance from 1982 to 1995. He was appointed by Jerry Rawlings to assist in stabilizing Ghana’s collapsed economy.
He was advisor to the World Bank on the 1997 World Development Report
He was a Member and Chairman of IMF’s Group of Independent Experts who conducted the first ever external evaluation of the Enhanced Structural Adjustment Facility
He was also advisory to the UNDP’s UN Special Initiative on Africa
He was adviser to the European Centre for Development Policy Management (ECDPM)
Current and past projects served the Dr. Botchoway
- Member and Convener Team of academics from Yale, Oxford, and the Free University of Amsterdam that conducted and has just finished the first External evaluation at the request of the Executive Board of the IMF, of the Fund’s Enhanced Structural Adjustment Facility (ESAF).
- Member Commonwealth Group of Eminent Persons for the Facilitation of the Signing of the Uruguay Round of Gatt Negotiations.
- READ KEN OFORI-ATTA NET WORTH
- Member OECD group of high-level experts for the review of the OECD study on “Globalization and Linkages to 2020: Challenges and Opportunities for OECD countries (1996).
- Member Commonwealth Expert Group on Good Governance and the Elimination of Corruption in Economic Management
- Member Panel of High Level Personalities on African Development – an advisory group established to assist the UN Secretary-General in advocating greater support for African development and in coordinating the UN system’s activities in the region.
- Board Chairman for Heritage bank Ghana.
- READ Aseidu Nketia Net Worth And Profile
Papers and speeches given at conferences
- “HIV/AIDS and Economic Development in Africa” Theme Paper, African Development Forum, Economic Commission For Africa, December 2000.
- “Magnitude and Drivers of the Brain Drain in Africa” Keynote Address at the 1999 Africa Business Conference, Harvard University, 30 January 1999.
- “Growth and Poverty Alleviation in Africa”, ODC Conference on African Economic Recovery, 1996.
- “Deepening Structural Adjustment Reforms and Policies for Growth in Africa”, May 1996.
- “Growth and Poverty Alleviation”, ODC Conference on African Economic Recovery, 11–12 June 1996.
- “Globalization: What has it meant for Africa and what does the future portend?” Presented at the Seminar on International Solidarity and Globalization: In Search of New Strategies, Stockholm, 1997.
- “The Role of the State, the Ministry of Finance and the Treasury Secretary in the context of Economic Liberalization and Globalization”, Abidjan, June 1998.
- “The Politics of Administrative Reform”, World Bank, June 1998.
- “Mobilizing capital flows in support of accelerated African development – the role of capital markets”, Washington, DC, July 1998.
Kwadwo Safo Kantanka Biography Cars, Net Worth And Companies
Apostle Dr. Kwadwo Safo Kantanka is a mysterious but great man to have surfaced on the earth.
He is a preacher, inventor, innovator, Physicist, Chemist, Biologist, agriculturalist, philanthropist and the Star of Africa.
He is the world’s greatest multi-dimensional scientist and technologist of all times and has carried out the greatest philanthropic activity in Ghana.
He funds all these exercises with revenue from his numerous investments.
He is also the founder of the Kristo Asafo church, Great KOSA network of companies and many other institutions. His mission is to redeem Africa from bondage.
Table of Contents
Apostle Dr Kwadwo Safo Kantanka was born on 26th August 1948 at Bekwai in the Ashanti Region of Ghana.
As a child, he had deep passion for science and technology. After closing from school, he would quickly do his home work and rush to the farm to get sticks for designing cars, helicopters, planes, etc.
He designed machines and automobiles that had never been seen in the town.
The level of wisdom displayed by the young Kwadwo Safo Kantanka through his speech and handicrafts astonished lots of people.
This earned him great respect from the community including the youth and the elderly.
Apart from his deep interest in studying nature, he loved sports. He was a very good footballer, musician and dancer.
It is therefore not surprising that he started manufacturing musical instruments at the early part of his life.
After basic school, he attended the Ghana Technical Works Institute in Kumasi. He thereafter had a three-year stint as a welder at the Volta Aluminum Company (VALCO).
Founding of Kristo Asafo
On the 3rd of February 1971, he founded his church, Kristo Asafo (Christ Reformed Church).
The infant Kristo Asafo faced some economic challenges. To solve these, Apostle Safo Kantanka embarked on preparing soaps that cured skin diseases.
Many were amazed to see a man of God roaming through towns and villages with soap on his head and advertising with his mouth to attract customers.
This made some people to question his legitimacy of being a man of God but Apostle Safo Kantanka was not bordered about this.
He knew he was a great man and had a special mission to accomplish on earth but it was just a matter of time.
He also embarked on selling cooking oil and foodstuff, farming, fishing and many other trades and entrepreneurial ventures.
He did all these alongside the preaching of the gospel.
From this humble beginning, it appeared to lots of people as a shock when they saw him donating the little he had to the poor and needy in society.
He also manually dug wells for villages and communities to aid them obtain good drinking water. All these were done wholeheartedly and free of charge.
Apostle Kwadwo Safo Kantanka and his Kristo Asafo were synonymous to philanthropy.
In 1980, Apostle Kwadwo Safo Kantanka began organising annual charity shows where lots of food stuff from his farms, clothing and other items were distributed to the poor and needed in society.
He also exhibited some of his inventions and innovations on such shows. In the year 2013 he organised the 33rd annual edition of the said show.
Apostle Dr Safo Kantanka and the Kristo Asafo are famous for philanthropy and service to the needy in society.
The Kristo Asafo started as a church in Accra New town without any branch. Today, the Kristo Asafo has 137 branches in Ghana and other international branches in Verona (Italy), London (United Kingdom) and the United States.
The Kristo Asafo (Christ reformed Church), apart from its believe in the trinity, also believe that the infinite intelligence that God has given to mankind is not limited to one race and that by hard work and perseverance through science and technology as demonstrated by its visionary leader, Apostle Dr. Kwadwo Safo Kantanka, Africa will be redeemed.
Apostle Dr. Kwadwo Safo Kantanka is a special Man of God. He preaches the gospel and performs miracles within and outside the congregation of his church.
From healing the sick; raising the dead; commanding the ground to split open for water and Tilapia to emerge and form a fish pond (at Adansie in Ashanti Region) and many other wonders beyond the scope of this text, he reminds people that “miracle is not my mission on earth”.
Kwadwo Safo Kantanka Investments
Apostle Dr. Kwadwo Safo Kantanka is a man of few words and an optimist. As industrious and business minded as he is, he has invested in many businesses including the following:
Great KOSA Company Limited: This is a conglomerate involved in inventions, innovations and other activities.
It has various divisions and sub-divisions such as the Foundry and Pattern Development division, Plant Medicine division, Building and Construction division, Mechanical and Automobile division, Radio and Transmission division, Electricals and electronics division etc.
Content on this website is protected by DMCA. Dont waste your time copying because you would eventually remove it.