What is Joyce Banda net worth ?
Joyce Hilda Banda is a Malawian politician who was the President of Malawi from 7 April 2012 to 31 May 2014. She is the founder and leader of the People’s Party, founded in 2011.
Joyce Banda Net Worth is estimated at $45 million
Joyce Banda Biography
Joyce Hilda Ntila was born on 12 April 1950 in Malemia, a village in the Zomba District of Nyasaland now Malawi. Her father was a police brass band musician. She began her career as a secretary and became a well-known figure during the rule of dictator Hastings Banda.
She has a Cambridge School Certificate, a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Early Childhood Education from Columbus University (an unaccredited distance education institution, a Bachelor of Social Studies in Gender Studies from Atlantic International University also a distance learning institution and a Diploma in Management of NGOs from the International Labour Organization (ILO) Centre in Turin, Italy.
Currently, she is studying for a Master of Arts Degree in Leadership at Royal Roads University in Canada. She received an honorary doctorate in 2013 from Jeonju University.
She married Roy Kachale, with whom she had three children. At the age 25, she was living in Nairobi, Kenya.
In 1975, a growing women’s movement in Kenya motivated Banda to take her three children and leave what she has described as an abusive marriage. Her marriage to Roy Kachele ended in 1981. She is now married to Richard Banda, retired Chief Justice of Malawi, with whom she has two children.
Joyce Banda Net Worth
Joyce Banda Net Worth is estimated at $45 million.
Before becoming vice-president, she was the founder and CEO of the Joyce Banda Foundation. for better Education, a charitable foundation that assists Malawian children and orphans through education. It is a complex of primary and secondary schools in the Chimwankhunda area of Blantyre. It includes an orphan care center that consists of six centres and 600 children.
Banda established various businesses and organisations including Ndekani Garments (1985), Akajuwe Enterprises (1992), and Kalingidza Bakery (1995). Her success inspired her to help other women achieve financial independence and break the cycles of abuse and poverty.
She is sister to Anjimile Oponyo, former CEO of the Raising Malawi Academy for Girls, financed by Madonna.
Joyce Banda Net Worth
Banda is also the founder of the National Association of Business Women in Malawi that was established in 1990. It is a registered non-profit foundation in Malawi. The association aims to lift women out of poverty by strengthening their capacity and empowering them economically.
This is a social network of 30,000 women, dedicated to supporting women’s businesses and supporting women who want to participate in business. Its activities include business training, technical training, record keeping and management skills
- Most powerful woman in the world 2014, Forbes Magazine – rank #40
- Most powerful woman in the world 2013, Forbes Magazine – rank #47
- Most powerful woman in the world 2012, Forbes Magazine – rank #71
- Most powerful woman in Africa 2012, Forbes Magazine – rank #1
- Most powerful woman in Africa 2011, Forbes Magazine – rank #3
- Martin Luther King Drum Major Award, 2012, Washington DC
- Legends Award for Leadership, 2012, Greater African Methodist Episcopal Church
- Women of Substance Award, 2010, African Women Development Fund
- Africa Prize for Leadership for the Sustainable End of Hunger, 1997, Hunger Project of NY
- International award for entrepreneurship development, 1998, Africa Federation of Woman Entrepreneurs and Economic Commission for Africa (ECA)
- 100 Heroines award, 1998, Rochester, New Yor
- Certificate of Honors, 2001, Federation of World Peace and Love, Taiwan, Republic of Chin
- Woman of the Year, Malawi, 1997
- Woman of the Year, Malawi, 1998
- Nyasa Times Multimedia ‘Person of the Year’, 2010
Content on this website is protected by DMCA. Dont waste your time copying because you would eventually remove it.