Joni Ernst net worth 2023: Ernst was considered a “long shot” at the start of her Senate campaign but was boosted by support from the Koch brothers and an ad that gained nationwide attention in which she referenced her experience castrating pigs, saying she would “cut pork” in Congress.
Having been strongly critical of President Barack Obama, she has been characterized as a reliable ally of President Donald Trump, and was thought to be a possible running mate in his 2016 campaign.
Joni Ernst Net Worth
As of 2023, Joni Ernst Net Worth is valued at $1 million. She is a politician serving as the junior United States senator from Iowa since. she is a member of the Republican Party
Ernst opposes legalized abortion, and has supported a fetal personhood amendment and introduced legislation to defund Planned Parenthood. She opposes the Affordable Care Act and has called for reforms to Medicare, Medicaid, and Social Security. She has indicated concern, although not opposition, to Trump’s trade war with China and criticized some aspects of his foreign policy. While supporting both Trump’s nominees for EPA administrator, she has expressed concern over their commitment to the Renewable Fuel Standard. She rejects human-caused climate change. At times, Ernst has appeared to support the idea that states can nullify federal laws, and has advocated for the elimination of federal departments such as the Department of Education and the Environmental Protection Agency, as well as the federal minimum wage.
Early life and career
Ernst was born Joni Kay Culver in Montgomery County, Iowa, the daughter of Marilyn and Richard Culver. She was valedictorian of her class at Stanton Community School District High School. She earned a bachelor’s degree in psychology from Iowa State University, and a Master of Public Administration degree from Columbus State University. In college, she took part in an agricultural exchange to the Soviet Union.
Ernst joined Iowa State University’s ROTC program at age 20 and the United States Army Reserve after graduating. She served as a logistics officer and attained the rank of lieutenant colonel in the Iowa National Guard.
In 2003–2004, she spent 12 months in Kuwait as the company commander of the 1168th Transportation Company, during the Iraq War. Near the end of her career, she served as the commanding officer of the 185th Combat Sustainment Support Battalion at Camp Dodge, the Iowa Army National Guard’s largest battalion. Upon her retirement from the military in 2015, Ernst had served 23 years in the Army Reserve and the Army National Guard.
In an interview with Time Magazine in 2014, Ernst said that she was sexually harassed in the military, saying, “I had comments, passes, things like that” that she was able to stop, and said she would support removing sexual assault cases from the chain of command.
In 1992, Ernst then Joni Culver married Gail Ernst. The Ernsts have one daughter, Libby. On August 27, 2018, Ernst announced that she and her husband were in the process of obtaining a divorce.
In a sworn affidavit, Ernst stated that she had declined then-candidate Trump’s offer to be his vice-presidential running mate because Gail “hated any successes had and would belittle and get angry any time would achieve a goal”, and that she made “sacrifices out of concern for Gail and family.”
Gail said that he “gave up his aspirations” to support Ernst’s pursuit of her political ambitions. The divorce was finalized in January 2019, with Joni Ernst alleging that Gail had verbally and mentally abused her and on one occasion physically assaulted her. The Ernsts accused each other of infidelity; both denied the respective accusations.
In her first interview after her divorce, Ernst revealed that she had been raped in college.
what is Joni Ernst Net Worth?
Joni Ernst net worth is $1 million
Where is Joni Ernst from?
Joni is from Red Oak, Iowa
How old is Joni Ernst?
Joni Ernst is 52 years old
Who is the woman senator from Iowa?
U.S. Senator Joni Kay Ernst is not only a military veteran, she is the first female combat veteran to serve in the U.S. Senate. Born in Red Oak, Iowa, she graduated as valedictorian at Stanton High School and went on to earn her undergraduate degree at Iowa State University.
10 Interesting facts about Joni Ernst
Read about the 10 interesting facts about senator Joni Ernst
- She worked in the US army for 23 years. After graduating from Iowa State University, Ernst joined the United States Army Reserve. She served in the Iowa Army National Guard from 1993 to 2015, retiring as a lieutenant colonel
- Joni Erst is the first combat Veteran to serve in the US Senate
- Joni Ernst was valedictorian of her high-school class
- Joni Ernst has been married twice with both marriages ending in divorce. She has three children
- In civilian life, Senator Ernst served as the Montgomery County Auditor, elected in 2004
- Joni Ernst revealed that she was raped whiles in College
- She has a book titled “Daughter of the Heartland: My Ode to the Country That Raised Me“
- On the initiation of the 116th United States Congress in 2019, Ernst became the first female Republican to be appointed to the Senate Judiciary Committee, along with Marsha Blackburn.
- As a Senator, Joni Ernst serves in the following committees; Committee on Armed Services, Committee on Environment and Public Works, Committee on Agriculture, Nutrition and Forestry, Committee on Small Business and Entrepreneurship
- During the Iraq War, she served as the commanding officer of the 1168th Transportation Company in Kuwait during the Iraq War and later commanded the 185th Combat Sustainment Support Battalion at Camp Dodge, the Iowa Army National Guard’s largest battalion.
Joni Ernst Net Worth Summary
Joni Ernst net worth is valued at $1 million. Ernst earned about $174,000 per year as the junior United States senator for Iowa. She also gets roughly $100,000 in additional income
What do you think about Joni Ernst net worth? leave your reply in the comments below