Jeff Bezos Net Worth 2021 :Jeff Bezos is the richest man in the would with a net worth of $190 billion. He is an American internet entrepreneur, industrialist, media proprietor, and investor. Bezos is the founder and CEO of the multi-national technology company Amazon.
|Net Worth||$190 billion|
|Source of Wealth||Internet entrepreneur, industrialist, media proprietor, and investor.|
|DAte of Birth||January 12, 1964|
|Country of Residence||United States of America|
Jeff Bezos Net Worth 2021 Profile
- Jeff Bezos founded e-commerce colossus Amazon in 1994 out of his garage in Seattle. He runs it as CEO and owns an 11.1% stake.
- Between March and April 2020, amid the pandemic, Amazon said it hired 175,000 additional workers.
- In April 2020, Bezos said he would give $100 million to Feed America, a nonprofit that operates food banks and food pantries across the country.
- Amazon has faced criticism from U.S. senators and the general public for its treatment of warehouse workers during the coronavirus pandemic.
- He divorced his wife MacKenzie in 2019 after 25 years of marriage and transferred a quarter of his Amazon stake to her.
- In 2019, Amazon notched $280.5 billion in revenues and a record $11.5 billion in net profit.
- Bezos owns The Washington Post and Blue Origin, an aerospace company that is developing rockets for commercial use.
In early, 2021, Bezos announced he will be stepping down as Amazon CEO.
Why is Jeff Bezos stepping down?
Born in Albuquerque and raised in Houston and later Miami, Bezos graduated from Princeton University in 1986. He holds a degree in electrical engineering and computer science. He worked on Wall Street in a variety of related fields from 1986 to early 1994. Bezos founded Amazon in late 1994, on a cross-country road trip from New York City to Seattle.
The company began as an online bookstore and has since expanded to a wide variety of other e-commerce products and services, including video and audio streaming, cloud computing, and artificial intelligence. It is currently the world’s largest online sales company, the largest Internet company by revenue, and the world’s largest provider of virtual assistants and cloud infrastructure services through its Amazon Web Services branch.
Bezos founded the aerospace manufacturer and sub-orbital spaceflight services company Blue Origin in 2000. Blue Origin’s New Shepard vehicle reached space in 2015, and afterwards successfully landed back on Earth. The company has upcoming plans to begin commercial suborbital human spaceflight. He also purchased the major American newspaper The Washington Post in 2013 for $250 million, and manages many other investments through his Bezos Expeditions venture capital firm.
Read Also Highest Paid NBA Players
On February 2, 2021, Bezos announced that he would step down as the CEO of Amazon sometime in the third quarter of 2021, and transition into the role of executive chairman. He is due to be replaced as CEO by Andy Jassy, the chief of Amazon’s cloud computing division
Content on this website is protected by DMCA. Dont waste your time copying because you would eventually remove it.