How to Check BVN
How to Check BVN details online: BVN which is an abbreviated form of Bank Verification Number is a security measure put in place by the Central Bank of Nigeria through the use of a biometrics identification system to reduce the level of fraudulent practices that have been on for several years. Since the introduction of this system, the level of financial crime though has not been totally eradicated but has been reduced to a certain degree
Many today don’t know how to check their BVN especially if they inadvertently misplaced or lost their BVN. Some go through the stress of going to their bank, join the queue, and fill forms before they can be shown their BVN; sometimes they might no succeed in getting their BVN especially if they met a long queue.
Read Also How to Share Data on MTN
The good news is that you can check your BVN using your mobile phone with any network you are using. We bring you various tips on how to check your BVN. Worthy of note is the fact that your BVN is something you should keep secret and private.
What Dangote’s net worth?
Relevance of BVN
- BVN is very important because it serves as a means of identification across the various commercial banks in Nigeria.
- It makes it possible for customers’ identity to be valid and verifiable across various electronic avenues.
- BVN also makes it less stressful and easy for people who got loans from any financial institution to be tracked.
- BVN restricts internet fraud.
- The BVN database is searched to display relevant information about an individual; this is called the bio-data (it includes names, phone numbers, addresses, dates of birth).
- Overwhelming queues in Banking Halls are reduced through BVN
- Standardized efficiency of Banking operations
How to Enroll for BVN
Some are still yet to generate their BVN especially if they have not opened a bank account yet, so there is need to first enroll for BVN by following the steps below
- If you are yet to open a bank account, go to the bank you intend to open an account with, or if you have a bank account with any bank but you haven’t obtained your BVN, go to your bank branch.
- Request for BVN enrollment form and fill, then submit.
- Next is to undergo biometrics procedures (face capture and thumbprint etc)
- You will be presented with an acknowledgment slip with a transaction ID.
- Your application will then be confirmed thereby generating your BVN within 24 hours after which a message will be sent to your mobile phone requesting for you to come and pick your confirmation slip with your generated BVN.
How to Check BVN
For those who have forgotten or misplaced their BVN, follow through the steps to check and retrieve your BVN ;
- On your Mobile phone and sim card used in BVN enrollment, dial *565*0#.
- Wait patiently until your number is displayed on the screen of your device.
- The next thing is for you to copy the BVN and save it in a safe place.
Remember that you can only use the Sim card that is linked to your BVN to check your BVN. Also, there are charges that go along with checking BVN using your mobile number. At least you should have an airtime balance of N10 to N20.