How to Borrow Airtime from Airtel: Are you an Airtel user? Then this article is for you. If you have ever found yourself in a situation where you tried to reach out to a friend but you were short of airtime, your data was used up or you couldn’t connect to them online due to poor network; at the same time you couldn’t borrow airtime because you didn’t know how to borrow airtime from Airtel; the following tips on how to borrow airtime from Airtel will come in handy for you when you are in need of airtime.
Airtel has made it easy for its customers by making this service available, since certain things are inevitable, like running out of airtime while still on a call with a friend, loved one, or colleague at work. In such a situation borrowing airtime comes in handy, but if you are not eligible then it becomes frustrating. Apart from presenting you with tips on how to borrow airtime from Airtel, we will also show you how to know your eligibility status.
How To be Eligible to Borrow Airtime from Airtel
To be eligible to borrow airtime from Airtel you must take cognizance of the following ;
- You must have a registered Airtel SIM
- You must at least recharge N100 or N200 for two months.
- You must be an active user of the network for more than one month, thereafter, you will be eligible to borrow a smaller amount for a start, depending on how fast you are in paying back your loan, you will be eligible to borrow a higher amount.
How to Borrow Airtime from Airtel
Kindly follow the steps below to borrow airtime from Airtel network ;
- Simply dial *500# and wait for a menu to pop up.
- Select 2, a message will pop again asking you to select a loan amount.
- Select the loan amount, then you will receive a notification that you have been credit with the airtime amount you borrowed.
Another way you can also borrow airtime on Airtel is by simply dialing *500*airtime amount#; example *500*100#.
Worthy of note is the fact that borrowing airtime on Airtel and other networks attracts a service charge depending on the network, this means that if you borrow N500 for example, you will be credited with N425. This means that you have been a charged a 15% of your borrowed amount. You can also borrow airtime up to N2000 on Airtel Network.