What is Anthony Joshua net worth?
Anthony Oluwafemi Olaseni Joshua, is a British professional boxer. He was born on 15th October, 1989. Anthony Joshua net worth 2020 is $ 60 million.
Anthony Joshua Profile
Anthony Oluwafemi Olaseni Joshua was born on 15 October 1989 in Watford, Hertfordshire, the son of Yeta and Robert Joshua. His mother is Nigerian, while his father is of Nigerian and Irish ancestry. His Nigerian background is traced to the Yoruba people.
Anthony Joshua started his basic school education at Mayflower School in Ikenne. in Nigeria but completed Kings Langley Secondary School in the UK following his parent’s divorce. At school in the UK, he took part in athletics and even broke a nine-year 100m record.
Anthony Joshua Career in Boxing
Anthony was encouraged to start a career in boxing by his cousin. He began to train after his 18 birthday, 2007. Anthony has a great love for boxing, at the amateur level, he turned down a £50,000 to go professional. Joshua said in an interview that, he didn’t take up the sport to make money but to win medals.
As an amateur boxing, Joshua won several medals including; Joshua won the 2009, Haringey cup in 2010, the senior ABA Championships in 2010 among others.
Career Turning Point
Joshua marked his sudden arrival on the world scene when he beat the Italian reigning world and Olympic champion Roberto Cammarelle in the 2011 World Championships in Baku, Azerbaijan. He went on to stop Erik Pfeifer of Germany in the semis before losing by a single point to the local boxer, Magomedrasul Majidov winning a silver medal.
On 11 July 2013 it was confirmed that Joshua had turned professional under the Matchroom Sport promotional banner. Joshua made his professional debut on 5 October 2013 at the O2 Arena in London in the main event of a card featuring Scott Quigg’s successful WBA super-bantamweight title defense against Yoandris Salinas, beating Italian Emanuele Leo by a technical knockout (TKO) in the first round.
Joshua’s second fight was against English heavyweight Paul Butlin at the Motorpoint Arena in Sheffield on 26 October 2013. The bout was stopped in the second round when the referee decided Butlin was taking too much punishment and declared Joshua the winner by TKO.
In all of Anthony Joshua’s boxing career, he has competed in 24 bouts winning 23 and losing just once. 87.5 % (21) of his wins came by way of technical knockouts.
Anthony Joshua Net worth 2020
As of 2020, Anthony Joshua net worth is estimated at 460 million. Joshua has also been recognized with inclusion in the annual Powerlist, as one of the 100 most influential Black Britons. He has had a successful boxing career so far.
Some career statistics of Joshua are;
- Defeated Dominic Akinlade (England) PTS
- Defeated Luke Herdman (England) RSC-2
- Defeated Chris Duff (England)
- Defeated Simon Hadden (England)
- Defeated Dominic Winrow (England) RSC-1
- Defeated Tariq Abdul-Haqq (Trinidad and Tobago) RSCI-3
- Defeated Juan Isidro Hiracheta (Mexico) AB-1
- Defeated Mohamed Arjaoui Morocco) 16-7
- Defeated Roberto Cammarelle (Italy) 15-13
- Defeated Erik Pfeiffer (Germany) RSCI-1
- Lost to Magomedrasul Medzhidov (Azerbaijan) 22-21
- defeated Sean Turner (Ireland) 9-5
- Defeated Johan Linde (Australia) KO-1
- Defeated Aidas Petruskevicius (Lithuania) W0.
- Defeated Eric Brechlin (Germany) 23-16
- Defeated Cathal McMonagle (Ireland) 22-10
- Lost to Mihai Nistor (Romania) RSCH-3