There’s no such thing as the perfect relationship, yet everyone knows at least one couple that defines #relationshipgoals. Whether it be your happily married parents or blissfully in sync in-laws, some seemingly perfect relationships exist that lead all of to wonder just how they make it work.
In an effort to understand the inner workings of successful, long-term relationships, we asked Marissa Gomez Schursky, a Manhattan-based marriage and family therapist, to identify key habits that ultimately result in happier unions. “Understanding the following themes and working on them together as a team will foster a partnership that feels secure and prepared for possible challenges,” Shursky says of these six habits.
1. You Trust Each Other
Table of Contents
Trust is a base-level need for most couples as it can serve as the foundation for individuals to open up to a partner and share deeper details of their intimate lives. “Trust is what allows us to be vulnerable, and vulnerability is key in blossoming relationships,” Schursky says. “As trust grows in a relationship, partners feel safe with each other, and that safety results in more transparency between individuals.”
2. You’re Transparent
With trust comes transparency—the ability to discuss uncomfortable topics. But according to Schursky, being transparent helps both parties grow together and collaborate. “Ask yourself if you feel open to being honest with your partner rather than feeling like you need to hold things in,” she says. If the answer is yes, that’s a good indicator that your relationship is on the right track.
3. You Find a Compromise
Another major indicator of mutual, long-term happiness is compromise. According to Schursky, if both partners are open to the other’s differing perspective, there’s more room in the relationship to understand the needs of each individual. “Compromising encourages people to hear one another out rather than critiquing,” she says. “It’s a positive sign if a couple finds they can both slow down and share their opinions, even when they’re opposing.”
4. You Identify Your Differences
Despite the strength of your bond, Schursky stresses the importance of recognizing your autonomy. “It’s helpful to consider that together, you are not one person,” she says. Remembering that you are two separate individuals is essential for those moments when you do disagree since you’re more likely to be aware of your partner’s feelings, even if they don’t make sense to you. “Keep in mind that you both have different experiences and contrasting reactions to various circumstances,” she says.
5. You Make Time for Weekly Check-Ins
Regular check-ins with both yourself and your partner are useful for reflecting on your feelings. In fact, according to Schursky, regular reflection on your feelings eases the process of sharing thoughts in a constructive manner. During these check-ins, take inventory of how things are going and ask each other if you’re happy and feel cared for. “After you check in with each other, you’ll have a better gauge on what’s working and what needs altering in your relationship,” she says.
6. You Identify Resolutions
Disagreement in any relationship is inevitable, yet reconciliation is key. “As a couple, are you resolving issues head on as opposed to sweeping your problems under the rug?” Schursky asks. “If so, you’re working toward creating repairs.”
fOLLOW US @GLUSEAGH
Powerful Bill Gates Quotes On Becoming Wealthy
it’s been said that if Bill Gates were to drop a $50 note on the floor, by the time he picked it up he would have made more than the note’s worth
Bill Gates is also the 2nd richest man in the world, with Bill Gate’s net worth estimated to be almost $90 billion!
We’ve been publishing a lot of quote articles this week, so to keep things rolling, here’s our collection of 28 powerful Bill Gates quotes, not just on becoming wealthy, but being successful and having a successful business.
28 Powerful Bill Gates Quotes
1. “If you can’t make it good, at least make it look good.” – Bill Gates
2. “To win big, you sometimes have to take big risks.” – Bill Gates
3. “Your most unhappy customers are your greatest source of learning.” – Bill Gates
4. “I choose a lazy person to do a hard job. Because a lazy person will find an easy way to do it.” – Bill Gates
5. “Life is not fair – get used to it!” – Bill Gates
6. “We always overestimate the change that will occur in the next two years and underestimate the change that will occur in the next ten. Don’t let yourself be lulled into inaction.” – Bill Gates
7. “I really had a lot of dreams when I was a kid, and I think a great deal of that grew out of the fact that I had a chance to read a lot.” – Bill Gates
8. “In three years, every product my company makes will be obsolete. The only question is whether we will make them obsolete or somebody else will.” – Bill Gates
9. “Our success has really been based on partnerships from the very beginning.” – Bill Gates
10th of 28 Bill Gates Quotes
10. “The world won’t care about your self-esteem. The world will expect you to accomplish something BEFORE you feel good about yourself.” – Bill Gates
11. “Patience is a key element of success.” – Bill Gates
12. “People always fear change. People feared electricity when it was invented, didn’t they?” – Bill Gates
13. “In this business, by the time you realize you’re in trouble, it’s too late to save yourself. Unless you’re running scared all the time, you’re gone.” – Bill Gates
14. “Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces smart people into thinking they can’t lose.” – Bill Gates
15. “It’s fine to celebrate success, but it is more important to heed the lessons of failure.” – Bill Gates
16. “If I’d had some set idea of a finish line, don’t you think I would have crossed it years ago?” – Bill Gates
17. “As we look ahead into the next century, leaders will be those who empower others.” – Bill Gates
18. “Capitalism is this wonderful thing that motivates people, it causes wonderful inventions to be done. But in this area of diseases of the world at large, it’s really let us down.” – Bill Gates
19. “Before you were born, your parents weren’t as boring as they are now. They got that way from paying your bills, cleaning your clothes and listening to you talk about how cool you thought you are. So before you save the rain forest from the parasites of your parent’s generation, try delousing the closet in your own room.” – Bill Gates
20th of 28 Bill Gates Quotes
20. “Don’t compare yourself with anyone in this world. If you do so, you are insulting yourself.”– Bill Gates
21. “You will NOT make $60,000 a year right out of high school. You won’t be a vice-president with a car phone until you earn both.” – Bill Gates
22. “The world won’t care about your self-esteem. The world will expect you to accomplish something BEFORE you feel good about yourself.” – Bill Gates
23. “If you think your teacher is tough, wait till you get a boss.” – Bill Gates
24. “If you mess up, it’s not your parents’ fault, so don’t whine about your mistakes, learn from them.” – Bill Gates
25. “Your school may have done away with winners and losers, but life HAS NOT. In some schools they have abolished failing grades and they’ll give you as MANY TIMES as you want to get the right answer. This doesn’t bear the slightest resemblance to ANYTHING in real life.” – Bill Gates
26. “Be nice to nerds. Chances are you’ll end up working for one.” – Bill Gates
27. “I realized about 10 years ago that my wealth has to go back to society. A fortune, the size of which is hard to imagine, is best not passed on to one’s children. It’s not constructive for them.” – Bill Gates
28. “Of my mental cycles, I devote maybe 10% to business thinking. Business isn’t that complicated. I wouldn’t want that on my business card.” – Bill Gates
Content on this website is protected by DMCA. Dont waste your time copying because you would eventually remove it.